Dodgy in the UK

pmq50

• 2 months later...

Hi, I live in London and have a 2010 CRT/RT in Sea Blue that I purchased new from Kings in Manchester brand new.

I've done 45K miles in it as of Dec 2014 mostly hard east european motorway miles travelling to our second home out there once a year on the Black Sea.

In that time I had the central locking fail on the drivers door which necessitated a new locking assembly in the driver's door, which was fixed by the local garage in Wandsworth who do all the maintenance on it, that was quite expensive at four hundred quid.

Apparently its no more complicated to fix and repair than a VW Passat or Golf, at least thats what the guys who do the work told me, I get an oil and filter change on the diesel engine twice a year or every five thousand miles or so, only other expense has been brake pads, two tyres and front disks, all routine wear and tear really and all done by the local garage.

The only other problem I have had with it is in very cold weather the auto box occasionally won't select reverse gear when manoeuvring in a car park or similar, switching off in 'Park' then restarting and engaging 'D' seems to fix this, weirdly it only ever happens in the Winter.

we love the Journey but its time to trade up while there is some value left in it so this coming year Im going to chop it in for a new pimped Grand Cherokee STR8.