Brakes/Rotors

kcandea

• 1 month later...

We had our SXT in the shop for a week (seat stiching repair, alarm repair, brakes were cleaned) They said that there was rust on the breaks and that was the causing for the insanly annoying and embarrassing squealing (@ 14,700kms). Now I'm pretty sure that driving and using the breaks, in effect, does the same thing as cleaning them if rust is the cause. However, when we start a drive, no squeal, it's only as we drive more and use the breaks more that they squeal more. So it's going back in on Friday.

Very annoyed with this, while the vehicle itself shouldn't have a problem, if they dealership thought there was even a possibility that it could be something else (like the calipers they are now suggesting) that could be causing the problem, they should have checked it out when they had it for six days!!!

I'll post an update next week when I get the report back.

We had our SXT in the shop for a week (seat stiching repair, alarm repair, brakes were cleaned) They said that there was rust on the breaks and that was the causing for the insanly annoying and embarrassing squealing (@ 14,700kms). Now I'm pretty sure that driving and using the breaks, in effect, does the same thing as cleaning them if rust is the cause. However, when we start a drive, no squeal, it's only as we drive more and use the breaks more that they squeal more. So it's going back in on Friday.

Very annoyed with this, while the vehicle itself shouldn't have a problem, if they dealership thought there was even a possibility that it could be something else (like the calipers they are now suggesting) that could be causing the problem, they should have checked it out when they had it for six days!!!

I'll post an update next week when I get the report back.

I have foudn that sometimes break pads are actually vibrating against the caliper. If you are so inclined they make a backing for the brake pads that is spray on. It goes something like remove the pads spray the liner on and let it dry. Then reinstall the pads. It basically puts a thin rubber like layer between the caliper and teh pads. I use it on back of metallic pads as they are bad for squealing.

Ok, so they replaced the pads and rotors. Squealing is GONE! YAY!!!

Oh but wait, now the front end is vibrating! Took it back! I don't know if they put one of the tires on crooked or one of the rotors was warped but I don't like it. And I certainly don't want to be driving around with something out of wack that's going to cause problems elsewhere in the vehicle! (I've had enough of those already!)

Feels like I have snow in my rims, and though I live in Canada, that isn't possible with the weather we've had, also increased sound of "road noise". I feel a bit of a vibration at the end of braking. Very weird. They told me they're going to keep it a least over night. This 2009 Mitsubishi Endeavor is really growing on me; had one on the weekend, have a different one today!

So now I'm into my 2nd rental vehicle this month, was 3 last month I think. Terrible thing is the rental place knows me by name as soon as I walk in. They think it's a riot, saying that I miss them, what I really miss is the brand new vehicle I purchased in September!

What's even worse is that I'm waiting for parts for the griding noise in my steering, don't know when they're going to come in but I'll bet they're going to give me another rental!

Found out my dealership has been overbooking. Filling their day with appointments, then taking walk-ins too. Sounds like my doctor's office. Apparently they put through 95 rentals last month alone! Most rentals last at least two days, a staggaring number last two or three weeks, at $45.00/per day, no wonder Chrysler is in trouble! I'm sure they've spent close to $1000 in rental fees just on me, just this year!

• 2 weeks later...