Wiring not working

nicklavoie

Hello - I have a new dodge journey sxt (2014) we bought in November.

I installed a hitch myself (which is too easy) and realized that there is a plug under the rear bumper to stick in an "OEM" harness to get the 4-way plug. I purchased it from the dealer the other day ($128.00 plus taxes). They told me that if I installed it myself, there is no refund of warranty. I went under the car, and could not even get my thick hand in the area to remove the protective plug to even attempt to plug in the harness.

Anyway, I paid the dealer today to put it in for me (40 bucks in and out in less than half hour) but I had my wife go and get it done.

I come home tonight and give her a test - I have several light testers and even a volt meter. Plugged it into BOTH of my known working boat traielrs - nada. Not even a climps of a volt going through this newly installed brand new harness.

I'm a bit pissed off that these guys probably did not even TEST the freakin' thing, but I'm starting to wonder - since this is a new car, would the computer have anything to do with this not working? Like it's brand new - the car is new, the wiring is new.... do they need to turn this on in the computer?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

also, I the LED tail lights - which probably doesn't matter unless you're putting in an after market wiring harness.

Per Journeyman425 -"you need to add the appropriate sales code to your build sheet options so that when you return to the dealership, all they will have to do is reconfigure your vehicle on their computer so the new sales code is picked up. That will enable power to the trailer tow wiring harness. A reconfiguration, or restoration, is much like restarting your home PC after a major update. The updates don't take effect until the computer is restarted. Same general idea here. A restoration takes about 10 minutes to do, and your selling dealer should be able to do it for you"

Check the thread below about the 2014 crossroad.