How can I get the proper sales code added for trailer prep

Byron Devine

OK, doing some quick math here and I see it would be cheaper to do the wiring yourself. Unknown amount of $$ to the dealer to activate the four wire harness. $65-75 for the add-on four wire factory harness. $$ for your time and inconvienece. I see too much $$ and some PITA.

Go to eTrailer.com and get the 2014 Journey T-One harness (#118536) for $55.95, and spend about 2 hours installing it on some sunny Saturday afternoon.

The trailer prep group also has the engine oil cooler that is not standard on a Journey. That is very important because the Journey will run in fourth or fifth gear when towing a load on the highway

The OP cannot have a trailer prep group added at this point. I read from his post that he is interested now in trailer wiring.

BTW, and I have no explanation for this, my SXT DOES NOT have the trailer prep and it does have an engine oil cooler as is listed on the window sticker. I don't recall seeing it as a part of any "group." I do believe that if you are speaking of a TRANSMISSION oil cooler, the 6 speed trans may come with that standard and its easy to check and see it behind the grill.

• 3 weeks later...