Sirius "Aquiring Signal" Issue

After 20 months / 24,000 miles, I have my first problem with my 2012 Journey SXT. I have the standard stereo with Satelite, am/fm, and cd. I had sirius for a year, but didn't renew it. All was well until a few weeks ago when Sirius had free service for a week or so. It was working fine on my way to work Thursday, when it went silent and "Acquiring Signal" showed up on the display. Now, whenever I change the channel to AM, FM, Or CD, it plays for about 15 seconds and then immediately changes back to Sirius and the "Acquiring Signal" display. Even if I turn it off, it only stays off for 15 seconds, and then tirns itself back on and to the"Acquiring Signal" display.

Has anyone had this problem before? I'm not even sure if it is a Sirius or a Dodge Issue. I just disconnected the battery and will see what happens when I hook it back up.

Thanks,

Bruce

I just wanted to follow up and let everyone know that my issue has been resolved. Disconnecting the battery overnight did the trick. When I hooked it back up, everything worked as it should. Not sure what caused it, but I am happy that I didn't have to go to the dealer.

Bruce

Thanks for the info!

I just wanted to follow up and let everyone know that my issue has been resolved. Disconnecting the battery overnight did the trick. When I hooked it back up, everything worked as it should. Not sure what caused it, but I am happy that I didn't have to go to the dealer.

Bruce

Thank you so much for the info! I have been having this problem when ever I accidently use the steering wheel controls to switch between the radio amd my iPod. Usually it resests after shutting off the car but this last time it stuck even over night. :hyper: