Great tire deal at Canadian Tire

FROGBOX

For our Canadian forum members, I stumbled upon a great deal for 4 Continental tires in the 235/55-19 size.

They are on sale this week (buy 3 get one free) bringing the price down to $172.50 each with FREE installation. Regular price is $230 + $20 installation. So you are saving about $350 after taxes on a set of 4.

Plus, these tires seem to be highly rated. They are low rolling resistance and super long tread wear rating at 145,000km!!! I was going to get new tires when I go to the States in December, but these are a fantastic deal right now. Even cheaper than Tire Rack by a long shot. And the free installation is almost a $100 value. With the high tread wear rating, these may be the last tires I ever put on it.

http://tires.canadiantire.ca/en/tires/all-season-touring-tires/product/0052304P/continental-truecontact-153-/3021001/

Free installation coupon: http://s7d5.scene7.com/is/content/CanadianTire/Driver2014springCoupon_4_Epdf

Edited by FROGBOX

wow that does seem like a fantastic deal .... I was getting ready to order Bridgestones for $828 all in .... I see the load rating is 101 with the Cons, im having trouble finding what the load rating is on the factory kumhos ?? ..... looking for a stronger tire for when we have the camper hooked up.

The factory Kumho's are 99H, so these are a step up. Same speed rating, but slightly higher load index. I just can't get over the tradwear rating of 145,000km. I would be happy to get half that. Getting mine installed today. Even though there are cheaper options Statesdie, I like the fact I can go to any Can Tire across the country and get free flat repairs & rotations every 10k.

k I went and checked them out at our local CT here in st.Thomas ... first off, the guy HIGHLY discouraged me from them ... pretty much said they were horrible tires blah blah blah .... $917.14 out the door ...... I find that odd because ive read really good things about these tires ..... guy seemed like an ass anyways, plus he said he wouldn't be able to get the tires anyways ........... frustrating waste of 30mins lol ...

went to another independent store, Toyo Versado CUV 235/55/19 ... $215 each, $996 out the door with an $80 mail in rebate .... Seem like good reviews .... Im still gonna wait and keep checking back to this post ... wanna see what you think and what they look like.

Thanks for the info. $917 out the door? He was wrong. The coupon for free install & balance should mean you are only paying for the tires themselves. $172.50 x 4 = $690 + $21.72 Enviro fee + HST = $804.19 out the door. Perhaps he was not aware of the Continental promotion of free install & balance and threw that on top of the tires. He may have also added the optional $9 lifetime warranty fee to each tire to get that total so high. The free install & balance promotion is exclusive to Continental and is almost the same value as an $80 rebate that other brands offer.

Just got em installed. $804.20 out the door. Took a very short trip on the highway to check for road noise. None to speak of. Time will tell how good these tires are, but for the price, I am very happy. I also compared my speedo to the GPS and it was off by 1kph (speedo read 100, GPS read 101). I also like the fact I can get the wheels rotated every 10k for free and free flat repairs at any Can Tire in the country.

Edited by FROGBOX

Just got Conti's installed at CTC in London area $849.35 (including replacement tires $689.96 Replacement adv. 39.96 TSF 21.72 Tx 97.71). No charge for install and no shop charges with coupon either online or in CTC Driver mag. Pressure sensors are fine with the 235 size. I had a quote of c$285 ea. for Kumho's. I looked at Pirelli's from Costco (reduced price on June 02 but understand wear is a problem, and I looked at Falken's (72000 KM) they have a W rating (H were special order and more $) and were said to be noisy.

I'll try to keep the Journey under 200kph then :).

In case anyone else is interested, the deal is still on. Most Can Tire sales go from Friday to Thursday. But I just checked the website and the Conti's are still buy 3 get one free, so should be good till at least next Thursday. The free install & balance coupon is good till June 27.

okay .... its looking more and more like im gonna get a set of these as well ....... Ive read the reviews, read your guys' reviews of them and that deal, $804 out the door is just too good to give up ............... did you also notice on the continental website there is a $65 mail in rebate mastercard with purchase of 4 cons ??

curious about how they look on the 19's ? ... sidewall, width in relation to the rim? .....

You have to read the fine print. The $65 Continental rebate excludes TrueContact tires purchased at Canadian Tire:

http://www.continentaltirepromotions.ca/

Instead of the rebate, Continental has a deal with Can Tire to cover the the cost of the install & balance. When you buy tires at CT, the price includes install, but they charge you $15 per wheel to balance. So with the free install & balance coupon, you are saving $60. But since it comes off the bill before taxes are charged, you are actually saving $60 + HST = $67.80. So slightly better than the $65 mail in rebate. Plus, it is an instant savings, so no need to wait 4-6 weeks for them to mail it to you.

Edited by FROGBOX

Getting mine put on today .... was actually a lot of work calling around S.W Ontario to find a store that had some in stock .... every store told me it would be 7-15 days before they could get some .... managed to find a set 45mins away ...... booked in for 2pm .... coupon printed, confirmed the price with the guy on the phone .. bing bang boom ! ... Im gonna be a happy guy !!!

thanks to the OP Frogbox for the headsup on this deal !

Which rims are you having them put on? I thought you were getting new ones under warranty?

I guess I got lucky with my local CT. They had 4 in stock and I was in & out in 45 min.
urprised they can't get them quicker than 7-15 days though.

If its in a warehouse, they should be able to get them within 24 hours.

Glad you found a set. Please let us know what you think when you have tried them.

Edited by FROGBOX

well I had the tires put on today ... no problems at all ... $804 out the door ! ...... the CT was about 45 mins away up the 401 so I was able to give them a good road test feel on the way home and man ... so far they are great ! ... road noise is alittle higher, but its not like it sounds like a dumptruck or anything. I love the way they look, they are wider than the rim so they give it abit of an aggressive look .... nice side wall ....

The steering is so responsive and I was averaging 10.0L/100K @ 120km/h with the cruise on .... for my journey that is fantastic considering on the way too Woodstock today I was at 12.2L/100K at the same speed with cruise.

So all in all ... Im pretty darn impressed :D

As far as the rims, they have been put on the current ones as the new ones were ordered today ... they'll just switch them over when the new rims come in to my dealer in town.

--- oh, and would CT have put nitro in the tires? or air? ..... my pressures are all over the place so it'll be nice if I can just go down and adjust them myself.