my MODtacular May extravaganza - VERY pic heavy

Okay, so I wasn't going to get any pics posted until everything was done, but the only thing outstanding is the HID lights issue and I need to get a pic of the rear with the cover on and just the sub showing in the back. Other than that, it's game on. A warning to anyone with a low-speed connection...this thread will have tons of pics in it, and may take a while to load. Also, I'm going to post the "what it's like when done" pics first, then will post later in the thread how to take everything apart. That should help people in the future when something won't come apart and they need to know where a bolt of a clip goes.

So here goes...dashcam first.

FRONT:

IMG_2414.jpg

REAR:

IMG_2425.jpg

The wiring for this is below all the paneling. Wow, what a chore that was to get the back paneling apart.

Here's an easy one...my many thanks to Nate as rebadgedesigns for doing a MONDO awesome job on the Blacktop badge:

IMG_2455.jpg

I apologize for the bad lighting on the closeup....but it looks the same as it does in the full rear shot, above:

IMG_2457.jpg

Thermal battery blanket installed...no more hard starts at -20:

IMG_2422.jpg

Close-up of the wiring on the top of the battery, including the 1/0 power cable to the stereo:

IMG_2423.jpg

My K&N intake, heavily modified out of my 392 Hemi. :) Still need to put the lower bolt on it, to keep it from moving around, but you get the idea. Oh, man, is this loud at WOT:

IMG_2467.jpg

And it uses all stock PCV hoses. :) Here's another angle, love the chrome:

IMG_2466.jpg

Maximum number of pics per post. Will continue in a reply...

Now for the good stuff. :) My new stereo board, sitting all snug in its new little home:

IMG_2454.jpg

Closeups:

IMG_2452.jpg

IMG_2451.jpg

IMG_2450.jpg

IMG_2449.jpg

I got giddy when this box arrived:

IMG_2386.jpg

For people installing trailer wiring, and wondering where it is....the first pic is where it is located, and what it should look like with the OEM harness installed. The second pic is where the relays attach under the bumper frame:

IMG_2420.jpg

IMG_2421.jpg

Tomorrow night I'll post the pics of how to rip all that stuff apart, including the cool cubbie-hole that's stock in the firewall. Oh, I can't tease...here it is:

IMG_2400.jpg

This is the piece that comes out:

IMG_2399.jpg

And this is what it looks like from inside the engine bay:

IMG_2401.jpg

The red thing you see looking through the hole is something I put down on the floor on the inside, to make it easier to see it (and keep my hair from getting dirty, while bending and contorting like a gymnast to try to get the cables up into there).

Here's the remote controls...forward (greed LED) one is the control for the doors/midbass, and rearward (blue LED) one is the control for the sub:

IMG_2473.jpg

What the whole thing looks like when it's covered up, and only the sub showing:

IMG_2477.jpg

The other angle of this:

IMG_2479.jpg

What the custom intake looks like with the mounting bracket I made to hold it securely:

IMG_2481.jpg

And the far right of the bracket, where is lodges into the original spot where the stud was on the stock intake:

IMG_2482.jpg

Are those remotes built into the Soundstream amp? I don't think my wife would like me putting in a 12" Solobaric in her car and a 1000w amp, but my car needs to upgraded past my existing 200w Infinity Basslink. The best part about the Basslink is the remote amp control. How is yours set up?

Edited by SeoulJourney