Touchscreen Customization

So, if I recall correctly, some of the older uConnect touchscreen systems gave you the ability to customize the screen to some extent. Does anyone know if we are able to do that on the 8.4 on the DJ? Things like wallpaper would be nice to add to the display to give it a personal touch and make it a little less boring...

It may have been a function of the lockpick units, but I don't remember... Anyone know?

Yeah, I've been doing a lot of research and that is what I have come up with... The REN stereos in the Rams and a few other vehicles allow you to customize them a bit more, but it looks like we don't get that luxury. Oh well...

• 3 months later...

A fellow co worker and working on disecting the computer on a 2012 Journey.

These computers are pretty locked down as they should be. However, we are getting into the QNX and have begun really dissecting the CANBUS protocol.

The main objective is to be able to change the touch screen graphics and to make edits to the system operation not possible on the settings page.

If we can't crack it, then we will just stick an entire AMX system inside for anything that isn't essential to the saftey of the vehicle.