USB and 12V charger ports all stopped.

actingnurse

On Sunday, my USB port stopped working out of nowhere. I use an iPhone 5 and have done so for the last 15 months. It has always pulled my music library with the touch screen and worked perfectly... On Sunday, my 12V plugs still worked... Monday, they quit. The one under the dash would flicker the phone charger light as if it was trying to work, then I got a funny smell so I pulled it. I tried the one inside of the console next.... nothing. I haven't tried the aux port yet, so not sure if it works either. I'm going to take it to the dealer this weekend and raise hell. It's barely out of warranty and not even a year and a half old. This is not WEAR AND TEAR from mileage/driving. They better fix it or they'll lose me as a customer ever again. I could understand if it were older.... or if it was something mileage related.. I'm about 3k miles out of warranty.

I would suggest going in with a calm and collective demeanor before "raising hell"... You'll probably get a lot farther that way. Have you tried disconnecting the battery for a few minutes to reset everything? With the Canbus communication in newer vehicles that can sometimes help; it may just be a communication issue.