• 2 weeks later...
I have the SXT with basic audio system(DVD logo on radio) and no sub . Does anyone knows any adapter to add aftermarket amplifier? And also Wiring Diagram

You can either buy a pre AMP box and splice in the your speakwire or metra makes a AMP interface harness

just google CHRY-AMP-03. hope that helps

I have the SXT with basic audio system(DVD logo on radio) and no sub . Does anyone knows any adapter to add aftermarket amplifier? And also Wiring Diagram

Look at my post for the wire diagram...also good for your video ....a better question id how do I add a 8in sub in the back left wheel well. I have stared at it and can't figure out how to take it off to drop a 8 inch in there...would help to save room. But if and when you do...please tell how and show pics if you can...I have a 10 in box and amp just ready to go in but would hate to splice wires on the back. Also tell how you break the fire wall to run your power cord and remote wire. Thanks

http://www.dodgejourneyforum.com/index.php?showtopic=497

• 1 month later...
Thanks for the info !! To you all

Not sure if you completed the work yet or not but there is a grommit that is easy to get to approx 3" in diameter on the fire wall to the left of the brake pedal. I have a 0 guage power wire running through there now. I try to avoid running through steering column.

On a side not the in floor cargo area in the back is a perfect place to mount your amp. I have two amps in there now and it perfectly hides everything...

cheers

• 2 weeks later...
Not sure if you completed the work yet or not but there is a grommit that is easy to get to approx 3" in diameter on the fire wall to the left of the brake pedal. I have a 0 guage power wire running through there now. I try to avoid running through steering column.

On a side not the in floor cargo area in the back is a perfect place to mount your amp. I have two amps in there now and it perfectly hides everything...

cheers

install my 10 in sub,

Bigmac is right, underneth the capet by the break is a grommit that you remove, put your red power cord in and pull from the engine compartment, you should be able to reach it if you stuff enough wire in. I connected mine to the terminal on top where it says battery, two red lines is there that would be used for a boost. You can connect for your remote wire to the back power outlet in the trunk. Notice that it has a key picture on it, this means that the only time it is powered is when you turn the car key fab to the on position or start it

The ground wire I hooked up to the bolt underneth the cargo on the floor where there is a bracket that holds the long bolt through the floor to hold up your tire on the bottom of the car. Just take that bolt off ( no the tire will not fall off !! ) and put the ring from the ground on and tighten back up.

Yes the extra storage cargo is great to hide amp...I took the car to best buy to have them instal a line level to run the rca cords ( I don't slice wires and for 20 buck and thier responsibility I let them go at it ). I ran my cords along side the driver side, the molding lifts up easy and just stuff the wires all the way to the back, a flat head may be needed to pry the plastic up for you to stuff the wire.

Pretty clean instal just wish it was a way to install the 8 inch sub I got into the left back wheel well where the factory installed sub is but the plastic back there is real solid. just would like to keep the limited trunk space after the third row.