R/T Front Cup holders

nAc_ChUcK

I just got my car back from the shop and when they were test driving it the service tech must have brought his coffee with him and it spilled all over the cup holder, the problem is you cannot get the ruber out to clean it and if you look close enough the bottom of the rubber has slits in it so the coffee went under the cup holders as well. Has anyone figured out how to take these out and clean them?

I just got my car back from the shop and when they were test driving it the service tech must have brought his coffee with him and it spilled all over the cup holder, the problem is you cannot get the ruber out to clean it and if you look close enough the bottom of the rubber has slits in it so the coffee went under the cup holders as well. Has anyone figured out how to take these out and clean them?

I pulled them out last summer after a spill. I think I did it by pressing on the bulged part which caused the top to pop out from under the light ring. The one in the rear armrest comes out easier than the front one, try it there first. If I remember right the rear one has a rubber peg on the bottom to lock the liner in to a hole in the armrest. Good luck.

I pulled them out last summer after a spill. I think I did it by pressing on the bulged part which caused the top to pop out from under the light ring. The one in the rear armrest comes out easier than the front one, try it there first. If I remember right the rear one has a rubber peg on the bottom to lock the liner in to a hole in the armrest. Good luck.

Hey thank you so much. I thought it might have something to do with those bulges. I pressed two of them in at once but not all three. I figured that the bulges had bothing to do with it so I stopped. I am going to try it tonight.

Hey thank you so much. I thought it might have something to do with those bulges. I pressed two of them in at once but not all three. I figured that the bulges had bothing to do with it so I stopped. I am going to try it tonight.

I tried to get mine out that way this morning, it didn't work :censored: must be too cold. Sorry, I'll have another go at getting mine out again tonight and let ya know.

I tried to get mine out that way this morning, it didn't work :censored: must be too cold. Sorry, I'll have another go at getting mine out again tonight and let ya know.

What a hard time I had trying to push all three in at once, but I had no luck either. I live in NY, do you? If you figure it out let me know. Thanks.

What a hard time I had trying to push all three in at once, but I had no luck either. I live in NY, do you? If you figure it out let me know. Thanks.

I live near Toronto Ontario. Figured it out, I used a credit card to pry the top of the insert out just below the light strip, then just work your way around the perimiter until you can pull it out.

I live near Toronto Ontario. Figured it out, I used a credit card to pry the top of the insert out just below the light strip, then just work your way around the perimiter until you can pull it out.

Great I have to try this over the weekend. Do they go back in no problem? I mean when you put them back in do they fit exactly how it was before you took them out?

Great I have to try this over the weekend. Do they go back in no problem? I mean when you put them back in do they fit exactly how it was before you took them out?

Confirmed. Just take the credit card ( I used my now good for nothing circuit city card ) and run along the edge, then gently, gently pull out the rubber. Use your fingers to get the rubber from under the grove of the illuminated light. It is dishwasher safe :rolleyes: . then just put it back in and run your finger around the grove and your done...oh don't forget to clean the bottom plastic that the rubber fits into.

Now only if I can find a better finish cleanor than Armor All that don't attract dust.

Confirmed. Just take the credit card ( I used my now good for nothing circuit city card ) and run along the edge, then gently, gently pull out the rubber. Use your fingers to get the rubber from under the grove of the illuminated light. It is dishwasher safe :rolleyes: . then just put it back in and run your finger around the grove and your done...oh don't forget to clean the bottom plastic that the rubber fits into.

Now only if I can find a better finish cleanor than Armor All that don't attract dust.

Excellent. thanks for the info. I am not a big fan of Armor All either, so I use spray cleaner made by honda. They sell it in motorcycle shops to clean and shine your bike. ONe day after cleaning my bike i tried it on the dash and it worked well, even cleans the windows, so I use that and find that it works well and the shine lasts a while. It is called Honda spray cleaner and polish.