Dodge in Australia

arnology

Hello Everyone,

Its my first post on this forum here - Lots of interesting info is available here.

I live in Australia - me and my wife are overwhelmed by the looks of the JOURNEY & are planning to buy one in the next month or so

We have also booked a test ride this Saturday 10th of January. :dogwalk:

I have seen a lot of negative stuff going around surrounding the Journey - especially a lot of Americans have commented negatively on other sites.

Can anyone provide some input? We absolutely love the car's looks.

Thanks

Hello Everyone,

Its my first post on this forum here - Lots of interesting info is available here.

I live in Australia - me and my wife are overwhelmed by the looks of the JOURNEY & are planning to buy one in the next month or so

We have also booked a test ride this Saturday 10th of January. :dogwalk:

I have seen a lot of negative stuff going around surrounding the Journey - especially a lot of Americans have commented negatively on other sites.

Can anyone provide some input? We absolutely love the car's looks.

Thanks

hi,

we have a dodge journey R/T which we leased in March 08. we have had several problems with it including the grinding noise when turning left and the recall for the wiring harness problem. i am really beginning to think that all these problems are just due to the fact that it is a brand new model. our journey was the first one in our region to leave the showroom, and i think that over the past (almost) year since we bought it they've probably ironed out some of the kinks that the model had at first. just my opinion though. i was warned never to buy a car in its first model year, and now i can see why. but really, now that all those little problems have been fixed (free of charge) we really like our Journey! it has loads of cool features, like the under floor storage bins, pop cooler in the dash, touch screen radio, hard drive, 7 passenger seating...lots of things that you don't often see in a vehicle, especially at this price point!

so, all in all, if we knew that all the problems we had with our journey had been fixed in the ones that are coming off the production line now, we'd definitely recommend it to people!

hi,

we have a dodge journey R/T which we leased in March 08. we have had several problems with it including the grinding noise when turning left and the recall for the wiring harness problem. i am really beginning to think that all these problems are just due to the fact that it is a brand new model. our journey was the first one in our region to leave the showroom, and i think that over the past (almost) year since we bought it they've probably ironed out some of the kinks that the model had at first. just my opinion though. i was warned never to buy a car in its first model year, and now i can see why. but really, now that all those little problems have been fixed (free of charge) we really like our Journey! it has loads of cool features, like the under floor storage bins, pop cooler in the dash, touch screen radio, hard drive, 7 passenger seating...lots of things that you don't often see in a vehicle, especially at this price point!

so, all in all, if we knew that all the problems we had with our journey had been fixed in the ones that are coming off the production line now, we'd definitely recommend it to people!

Thanks for that input JBIRCH!!!

I believe the hard drive & the touch screen radio are optional accessories. Did you buy the car out here in Australia?

We ourselves are looking at leasing or financing - but dont know yet - what would be a feasible option.

As for the problems - I have read a lot of users commenting about the grinding noise you mentioned about - but as long as the dealers get it fixed free of charge it should not be a problem.

Thanks

• 5 months later...