2014 pentastar, how can you tell where it was built? Mich or Mex?

2014jrt

I was just wondering how to find out where my new pentastar engine was made? Does this matter really or what today? I read on some problems with the Mexican made versions. Just curious, the engine is performing just fine at 600km+ seems to be breaking in just fine.

I'm pretty sure that all the 3.6 engines for the Journey are produced in Mexico as the cars are assembled there. The 8th character in the VIN denotes which engine: G=3.6 liter and B=2.4 liter. I checked my Monroney label (window sticker) because I remember seeing something on it about the engine and tranny. If you still have yours, in the lower right corner there is a box which denotes parts content for your Journey. My engine was made in Mexico and the tranny in the US. That could quite possibly be the same for all of them (with the V6) but I'm not sure. The engine itself has a production number on it which denotes where it was made, but it is not visible with the engine installed in the car.

Here is a link to the article that you referenced:

http://www.pentastars.com/engines/production.php