Daytime Running Lights

steeber

Hi there...

I just picked up my new Journey, and I am starting to regret not waiting for one with the Family package with Daytime Running Lights. I noticed it's a $40 fleet option as well, so I called up the dealer I purchased it through, and asked if it was possible to enable them through the CAN with a StarScan tool. They didn't seem to think so, but I was getting the, "blow this guy off and go back to lunch," face from the service guy.

I am curious if anybody has had any luck trying to enable the DRL's through the ECU? I know StarScan tools let you do it on the LX and DR platforms (without switching to Canadian specs)...I'm just wondering about my JC?

Thanks!

I guess what is even more baffleing is that i can't tell when the lights are on since the dash is lit all the time. I have to run my fog lights in auto mode so when the light do come on I know they are because the fog light icon is lit on the panel. I thought alll we would need is a fuse to run them. I remember many cars that require the fuse to do so. I will check my dealer next time I am in there.

I guess what is even more baffleing is that i can't tell when the lights are on since the dash is lit all the time. I have to run my fog lights in auto mode so when the light do come on I know they are because the fog light icon is lit on the panel. I thought alll we would need is a fuse to run them. I remember many cars that require the fuse to do so. I will check my dealer next time I am in there.

There is also an icon for the ligts, like for the fogs. It is a green light in the left corner of the RPM. For the DRL, I don't know, we already have them in Canada! All I can tell you is that they are on the high beam....

• 2 years later...