5000km report

viffer1999

So I've had my 2013 R/T Rallye since August.

- Super comfortable

- Love the stereo/DVD system

- Decent performance, firm ride, fairly quiet (much quieter and better ride than my previous car, 2007 Montana SV6)

- Heated seats and steering wheel is the bomb lol

Dislikes:

- Transmission need reprogramming, you hit 40 kph and you are already in 4th, doesn't always downshift right to 1st

- 3-4 shift is rough

- Mileage will hopefully get better, best tank so far was 12L/100km, mainly highway, worst was 14.8, mix of city/highway, some short warm up periods

- was expecting better highway mileage, since its only revving at 1500rpm at 100 kph

And recently, turning out to be a real PITA to find winter wheels that fit, apparently the R/T version has bigger brakes.. I noticed 2 piston calipers in the front. I tried some 17" steel wheels, they rubbed against front calipers, same deal with a set of 18" wheels. My tire dealer has ordered 2 different sets now, I'll be trying them on Monday.

And last bit, dealer seems to be a bit clueless, after the hassle to actually get my DJ (apparently in Quebec, the cheap models are most popular, mine was brought in from Toronto, so I didn't have choice in color), I went for a drive, used the GPS, I noticed that the maps were not up to date (new section of AutoRoute 30 was completed a while ago), I called dealer to ask about getting updates for the maps, they had no clue that updates were even available.

So overall, I'm fairly happy with my choice.. glad I didn't choose the Explorer, Traverse or CX-9 :)