Andrioid and the USB

I have not tried to use my HTC Incedible S via the the DJs usb port

but I have used it with my laptop.

Having said that in order to have it recognized as a DISK DRIVE

I had to turn on USB DEBUGGING via the menuing.

What make/model cell are you trying to use?

I emailed Chrysler-

Original Message Follows: ------------------------ US Customer Service - Chrysler Brand Site Brief Description: Uconnect(R) 8.4 Comments: Hello. When I plug my apple ipod into the usb, it works great. When I use my Android it doesn't. Is this by design? Also, is there a way to enable blue tooth on this radio? 

---

12 hours later Chrysler responds (GREAT TURN AROUND TIME ATLEAST!)
--

Dear Matthew:  Thank you for contacting the Dodge Customer Assistance Center in regards to your 2013 Journey.  I am sorry to learn of the difficulties you have experienced with your uConnect system and appreciate the time taken to bring these concerns to our attention.  We are constantly working with digital music device manufacturers to further improve the features and compatibility between their devices and the uConnect System. Updates for the device themselves sometimes addresses these issues, or Chrysler may from time to time issue firmware updates for your uConnect System.  We can only advise at this time insuring both your uConnect System and device have the latest updates available. You may additionally utilize the AUX port on your system to transmit the music via the headphone out port on your device.  The best resource for your question concerning the ability to install a handsfree bluetooth device is the Parts Department of your local dealership. They can ascertain the correct part number, review part availability and discuss any alternatives you may have.  You can find a dealership locator using the "Find a Dealer" button on the top of the Chrysler - http://www.chrysler.com website.  Thanks again for your email, Matthew.  Sincerely,  Jeff  Customer Service Representative Dodge Customer Assistance Center  
Edited by mkatona

Appears to be a standard complaint resolution letter.

On some systems of android (my HTC runs FROYO 2.21) you must

have the usb cable plugged into the fone first and the fone must be on.

When you plug into the actual usb such as laptop symbols will appear

on the main fone screen and by touching the symbol it will give you options

i.e. for charging only use as a disk drive and I assume you will have to do

as I do when connecting to laptop and select disk drive.

You may want to try this method.