Changing Wheels

Rich Dutko

Hi

New to the forums and have a Journey question. I have an '09 SXT that came with the 19" wheels and those garbage 225/55/19 Kuhmo KH16 tires. I've found it very difficult and very pricey to replace the treads on these 19's, and was wondering if I could swap them out with my older, spare 350Z wheels.

I don't have (and cannot find) all the the info on the stock 19's, but I do know that they have a 5x127 (5x5) bolt pattern (and a relatively high offset, like 35ish).

The specs on the Z wheels are:

Front

Size: 18x8.0

Bolt Pattern: 5x114.3 (5x4.5)

Offset: +30mm

Weight: 26.56lbs

Tire: 225/45-18

Rear

Size: 18x8.0

Bolt Pattern: 5x114.3

Offset: +30mm

Weight: 26.56lbs

Tire: 245/45-18

I can buy 4 5x127 to 5x114.3 wheel spacer/adapters to adjust for the bolt pattern difference, but is there anything else I'm missing? Seems like this should work, but I'd hate to spend the $$$ on the adapters only to find out there's a problem with the centerline hub adjustment or something like that.

Any help or past experience with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,m

Rich

The center bore of the Dodge rim is 71.5mm. Adapters might be fine for changing bolt pattern sizes, but unless you get the correct bore size for both the Journey Hub and the Z wheel on the adapter, the wheel will never be 100% centered and could cause a vibration at highway speeds.