One month in

trevcda

I just recently purchased a used 2010 Dodge Journey R/T, 3.5 FWD and I really like it. As with everything I get, I read reviews on this and many other sites and weighed the pros and cons. A few observations after thirty days of owning it:

• I'd read numerous complaints about the seats and I kind of agree. One review described them as leather covered church pews. I don't think they're that bad, but Dodge could have really upped the aesthetics by putting a more form fitting seat. A little more of racing style could have done a lot for the interior. Frankly, as bad as it is, I'm not much of a seatbelt wearer. I feel like I need to strap in with these seats to keep from sliding around on corners. It's kept me from defeating the seatbelt chime, which is probably a good thing anyway.
  • The gas milage thingy is a little optomistic. When I fill up, it seems to think I'm going to get around 419 miles out of a tank of gas. I routinely reset the Trip A counter and usually get around 329 miles per tank. Still, the estimated miles per gallon function tends to keep me aware of how I'm driving.
  • I'd read quite often that the brakes were a major issue with this vehicle. Going in I was/am prepared to replace pads and rotors with premium components. Drilled, slotted, etc. But it occurred to me that while it may be a frequent issue, it is not exactly a global issue. What are the driving habits that contribute to the lack of longevity with these particular brake components?
  • This one is small. Literally. The top center storage compartment where I believe the navigation screen goes, which I don't have, is missing one of the little rubber support nubbins that the lid rests on. I went to Dodge and the only thing the could do for me was sell me a whole new compartment for $400! That's not going to happen! Anybody know where I can get those things?
  • I wish it had day time running lights. I'm trying to get it back into the dealers to see if they can activate this and other things through the dealer connect thing.
  • The doors are a little plastic-y especially when listening to bass heavy music. I'm thinking a little creative dynamating can help the situation. Anybody here had any experience working with the door panels?

Now before anybody gets the idea that I don't like my Journey, rest assured I really do! I bought this one because it had almost everything I would have done aftermarket already built in. Touchscreen, video, satellite radio, HDD, back up camera, iPod, etc. I'm still on the fence about the navigation, as it didn't come with it. But there are options and if I can create a mounting bracket in the top storage compartment to hold an aftermarket Garmen, I think I'll be fine! I was able to work in some brake work and an alignment with the purchase and it the previous one owner took amazing care of it. It even passed the french fry and glitter test. It looks brand new, except for the swirls left by a medicore cut and buff someone put on it.

I'm looking forward to reading everything you guys and girls have to say about your Journey's and have enjoyed everything I've read so far. i hope I can contribute even small percentage of what I hope to learn here!

Congrats on the Journey. The 2010 was only the 2nd year for the Journey and there were still some bugs to work out after its 2nd year. But Chrysler made huge improvements to their whole lineup in 2011. The Journey was one that they really improved on the most in my opinion, because they are totally different inside and out compared to the 2009-10 year models.

I have almost 12,000 miles on mine now and have had 0 issues. The brakes have plenty of stopping power now and my brake pads have hardly started to wear. I am sure you will have good luck with your Journey, as many other people have.

Good Luck!!