I've got a creaky butt

sexyRTboi

So Im curious if any other DJ owners have heard this ?

The first time I heard it was in the Spring, at very low speeds, I have a creaking in my back end. I was due for an oil change anyways so I brought it up at that point for the stealership to look into .... they of course "couldnt reproduce" ... whatever ... thats fine, I didnt really hear it anymore anyways.

Until now.

While backing out of my driveway the other night on the way to work, I happened to have the radio off and while backing down the driveway, I could hear the same creaking sound, only much louder now. I've made it a point to listen for it now at all speeds and road conditions and have determined I can ONLY hear it at very low speeds and primarily when backing out of my driveway (probably because the driveway isnt totally smooth and I cross over the sidewalk before the road)

My little brother is now the "proud" owner of our old family van, a 2002 Gr.Caravan ... it is in rough shape with dents, rust and 240,000kms from the many family holidays (plus my num-nut father jackknifing the trailer ... more than once ... into the side of it) -- ANYWAYS ... His van has the same creak, only a hell of alot louder ... which was embarassing to say the least when he was in the DJ the other day and heard it and said "hey! we have the SAME creak!" ... not cool.

So its a 2012 DJ R/T with 47,000kms on her now ....... any idea what could be making it creak? I plan on taking it to the dealer nextweek sometime for this and I'd like to be informed as to if anyone else has experianced the same and what was the result.

Thanks in advance folks !

• 3 weeks later...

i know mine has the same squeak so i tossed it up on the lifts at work the one day and noticed that the rear tow arm' bushings were cracked and torn. a cracked or torn bushing will cause a squeak. with mine all i had to do to replicate it was to go push down on the rear bumper a few times hard to make the suspension go up and down and it would squeak. this may or may not be the same issue with yours. i only hear mine if i have the radio off tho.

my vehicle 2009 DJ SXT AWD

they should look like this MS25175_FRO.JPG

Edited by dethdeks

My Caliber had this same squeak, started around 80,000 kms. My mechanic told me there wasn't much I could do as it was from dried out rubber and plastics seals that could not be replaced (easily). Every once in a while I had them spray some oil on them to lube them.... the squeak would be gone for a little while, then slowly come back again.