*sigh* another accident...Part still back ordered...

Psyke

Heya Folks,

By this time, I was hoping to come on and say how much of a joy Driving our Journey was to Nova Scotia from Ottawa, but alas, my wife had other plans.. She got t-boned at an intersection about a week before we were supposed to leave, taking out our 4 year old's door. All involved were ok, and surprisingly enough, the Journey actually didn't suffer that much Damage (Can't say the same for the Civic that hit us mind you...but, that's what Crumple zones are for..) Unfortunately, while the door was easily replaceable, the bottom part of the Quarter panel got bent to hell as well. When I saw that I cringed, considering our last accident (less than a year ago), it was the same Quarter panel (although a much larger area needed to be replaced) that delayed our repairs by two months..at the time, Chrysler rep said it was supplier issues; here we are 6 months later and you're still having supplier issues??? I really think you need to rethink your supplier relationships (not to mention my wife has to stop wrecking the car....) The Body Shop is hoping next week, but they have no ETA, to which I laughed and said I won't hold my breath *sigh*

In any case, for our trip out east, we have a GMC Terrain AWD with a piddly 4Cyl. Engine; Not the best thing to have for all the hills we've had to navigate. In the city, the thing is great, but Hilly Highway..I keep hitting the gas waiting for something to happen :(. The interior is pretty spacious, but the build quality feels cheap, plastic throughout. Bluetooth, but no media streaming. The Projected beam headlights are pretty sweet. But otherwise, I really like/miss my Journey. :(

Back orders are pretty routine, but six months seems excessive to me. If you have a part number I can try to follow up on it for you.

We have a used 2008 Acadia on our lot and I think the Journey is a nicer car overall for the same reasons you give. At least the Acadia also has a 3.6 liter.

P/N is 68035431AC, unless it's different for the lower part of the panel as that's what needs to be replaced. And it's not on a 6 month back order, but the fact that 6 months have past since we last put in an order for the same part. *shrug* in any case, I guess it'll be ready when she's ready. I just don't like these no ETA time frames.

as for the Terrain; it does have some interesting features to it, but overall would take the Journey any day. Also noise levels at highway speeds are incredibly high in the Terrain..no sound proofing at all it seems.