'12 R/T - windows replaced

Had an interesting repair done yesterday. I have a very slow power drivers side window and both windows screeched when they were put up or down. Took to dealer in town 2 weeks ago and they determined that something was in the rubber window trim that was actually causing etching in the glass. Dealer in town ordered new window sills, both drivers side windows fully replaced ..... just seemed like such an odd repair.--

- now that those windows are quiet, I can hear the pass. side does it slightly as well .....

that's the same as mine now ... rear pass door ... lol ... ohhhhhhh our DJ's keep us guessing ! lol ... we have a 2012 Kia Optima Hybrid as well and it is used as a daily hwy commuter (80,000kms on it already) ... and it has NEVER been at the dealer for anything more than routine maintenance .... its kind of a running joke in our house now that my DJ has its "monthly appointment" ... seems shes in the dealer at LEAST once a month for some issue or another.

• 2 weeks later...

funny you say that ..... Our plan is to trade in the R/T for a Sorento SX next fall. Have to pay this Journey down abit more. The Sorento has more power, more towing power, better styling IMO .. the interiors are alittle "2002" .... but im hoping they change that for the 2015 models ... better bang for your buck I think.

We had a 2010 Soul 4U Retro, absolutely LOVED it .... drove it to 99,500kms than traded it in on the Hybrid ...... KIA has been nothing but awesome to us, they've really really up'ed their game since the 90's early 2000's.

• 10 months later...

.....well less than a year and the screeching is back ... even worse now ... lol ... louder, both front windows and they do it up and down. Called the dealer and it goes back again this week, more than likely same replacement repair again as last September.---- theyre also going to look into the drivers side front seat creaking very loudly when weight is shifted .. ie: going around corners, moving foot from gas to brake and getting in and out.

• Official Dodge Support

.....well less than a year and the screeching is back ... even worse now ... lol ... louder, both front windows and they do it up and down. Called the dealer and it goes back again this week, more than likely same replacement repair again as last September.---- theyre also going to look into the drivers side front seat creaking very loudly when weight is shifted .. ie: going around corners, moving foot from gas to brake and getting in and out.

sexyRTboi,

Sorry to hear about your repeat issue with the windows.

When the original repairs were completed last year, did your dealer identify what exactly was in the tracks causing the noise?

I had an issue many years back with contaminants from the glass (dirt, sand etc.) sticking and going below the rubber strips. The noise was there until the window was thoroughly cleaned and then went away.

Noisy seats could be attributed to bolts coming slightly lose over time. Not saying this is the case however some driver's are more aggressive than others in turn which shifts weight and strains the bolts.

Keep us posted after your visit if you can.