660 mile vacation trip with 2013 2.4 SXT

Rgwog

Well just got back from our first beach trip with the SXT with the 2.4 and have to say I was really surprised at the performance of the engine. Although the 4 speed tranny is some what picky. This can be over ridden with the manual side. Mileage was so so about 24 mpg if I could keep my foot out of it. Plenty of room in the back for a weeks worth of luggage plus beach chairs. easier to pack than the old Grand Cherokee it replaced. Handled well in the many storms we drove through. Every one had their own AC controls which kept everyone comfy. She did well for a four banger. And so glad we got the 8.4 Uconnect.

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds like a lot of riding. But at least it was in in style. I am from Atl. also and we just made a trip to Florida and the Journey really shines when you can let them loose. Smooth, quite, tons of storage and plenty of horsepower. I felt like I was driving slow at anything under 75mph, "lol". I do have the 3.6 but the four bangers have their place to.