2012 Journey Crew 8.4 - adding Bluetooth and VR

Hi Folks,

Just got a heck of a deal on a 2012 Crew with the non nav 8.4" display. As a condition of purchase, I needed two options added to keep family peace.

I needed the backup camera added which my dealer executed perfectly, best backup cam I've seen in a long time.

I also needed the Bluetooth and VR system installed, this is where the problem started. They installed a Bluetooth upgrade intended for the 4.3 inch screen and not the 8.4. The end result has left me with a Frankenstein/bastardized system missing a number of features.

• The phone icon that appears on the 8.4, is inoperative, says initializing and hangs...
  • None of the visual cues that should appear on the screen work, not the dialing abilities nor incoming call displays.
  • The Vr button is inoperative, I can't use voice control on any media functions
  • Buttons are on an external dash mounted device, not on the steering wheel.

A couple of questions:

1. Is there an upgrade for the head unit I have to get the Bluetooth/VR to work as if it was installed at the factory?
  2. Would replacing the head unit itself solve the problem (and add the steering wheel buttons)?
  3. If a new head unit would do the trick, do I have to go with the NAV unit (hope not...)?
  4. To get the steering wheel buttons, does the entire steering wheel need to be replaced?

Thanks in advance to anyone reading or responding to this, any bit of information you might have would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff