2011 DJ Crew has 8.4 with U Connect - add nav module??

I have tried searching - can't find if this has been answered....if so, can you please direct me to the thread(s)?

We have the 8.4" touchscreen with U Connect and Sat Radio and would like to add just the GPS/Navigation module (don't want bluetooth, don't care about backup camera)....Can this be done? It would be really nice to get rid of the Garmin unit stuck to the window and it's power cord.

• Official Dodge Support
I have tried searching - can't find if this has been answered....if so, can you please direct me to the thread(s)?

We have the 8.4" touchscreen with U Connect and Sat Radio and would like to add just the GPS/Navigation module (don't want bluetooth, don't care about backup camera)....Can this be done? It would be really nice to get rid of the Garmin unit stuck to the window and it's power cord.

Labrat,

There is nothing that Mopar offers that would allow navigation to be added to the non-nav radio. An entire new head unit with the nav functionality would be needed.

Thank you both! Probably cost prohibitive at this point, but how many parts am I looking at and approx overall cost? The bits I've read about those trying to upgrade to the 8.4 alone have been enough to make me pretty leery of trying.