Update Uconnect 8.4N Software to US Version?

Hi all,

I am wondering if it is possible to update my UConnect software on my 8.4N in my Journey to the U.S. Version of the software? I am in Canada with U.S. Sirius satellite coverage for Traffic and TravelLink services. However my system is set up for the options available to the canadian market. I have a subscription to Traffic and TravelLink services with the U.S. SiriusXM, but I don't see the TravelLink button as an option under the MORE section.

When I put my system into Dealer Mode, I can see that Both Traffic and TravelLink says Subscribed...

Any idea's or help in getting my UConnect system over to a US version?

Cheers,

G.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

I answered the question in the other thread, but essentially you'd need to do a change of citizenship, so to speak, by replacing the vehicle's 'brain' (the BCM) with one from a US vehicle . . . . and I believe that it isn't going to be as simple as just swapping out the modules, since such devices as the keyless entry and start systems store the serial numbers and codes for the modules in the BCM, necessitating a reflash, which would likely fail since the module wouldn't have the proper VIN coded into it.

If anyone has done it successfully I'd love to know myself - it would be nice to have the Travellink function.