Engine flush?

Local dealer tried to up sale my wife an engine flush with her oil change for an extra $75 , my question is why we change oil every 5000-7000 km this is the 3rd oil change for the car . Sounds like a money grab to me or they thought they could sucker a woman to bite.Is the oil change and filter done to get rid of any contaminants ?

Definitely a money grab. Years ago a dealer service adviser told my wife she had to get the engine shampooed every fifteen thousand miles. When I checked the bill I called the dealer and had them refund the money. Some dealers have been boosting their profits by pushing a lot of unnecessary extras. Stick to what the manual says for maintenance. I don't recall anything in there about engine flushes in the maintenance schedule. This is the reason my former dealer lost my business. They tried to tell me I needed my rad flushed and I had a new rad put in three weeks before. They hadn't even looked under the hood. I had bought six vehicles from this dealer before and always had great service. They now have a new owner who has other priorities.

The use of an oil flush is not needed and frowned upon by Chrysler/Dodge according to my owners manual:

C/P

Do not use chemical flushes in your engine oil as the
chemicals can damage your engine. Such damage is
not covered by the New Vehicle Limited Warranty.
End of C/P

The use of an oil flush is not needed and frowned upon by Chrysler/Dodge according to my owners manual:

C/P

Do not use chemical flushes in your engine oil as the
chemicals can damage your engine. Such damage is
not covered by the New Vehicle Limited Warranty.
End of C/P

Nice to see the Chrysler/Dodge dealer in Thunder Bay Ontario is trying to sell this to their customers , maybe Dodge Canada should inquire ....... or maybe just trying to get an extra 75 dollars out of my wife and not do anything but change oil no way to know if they did it or not ...scam

Edited by kamhillbilly

or maybe just trying to get an extra 75 dollars out of my wife and not do anything but change oil no way to know if they did it or not ...scam

Ding, Ding, Ding.....we have a winner! It's nothing but a scam and even if they did do a flush it is not needed if you have your vehicle in for regular maintenance.

Edited by Journey_SeXT