Ordered New SXT AWD in Bright Silver

kconnors

:happy feet: I live in Ottawa, Canada and my new Journey SXT AWD is on order. It was ordered two weeks ago and I was told it would take 8 weeks so I,m looking at about the 4th of May. It is 5 seats with convienance group 1 & 2, Safe & Sound, Crome wheel Pkg and Towing Package and the dealer is throwing in a hitch. I also bought the undercoating.

I test drove the 3.5L with six speed transmission and it was fantastic. Best brakes I ever used. My Caliber is only a year old but I had to have the Journey. Gas Miliage is not as good but it is respectable for this size of vehicle.

My wife and I are friends again now!

Keith

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the welcome Hit-By-Thunder. Looks like we're neighbours of a sort (both Canadians) but there has to be a story behind that handle. I ordered my Journey at Metro (Family Run Business) which I have been dealing with for years. They seem to bend over backwards to keep me happy. Could be because this is my 8th vehicle I've purchased from them. I wonder!!

Anyway my Journey is still at code BX (awaiting build) as of 05 April 08. I was wondering if anyone has a idea of the time involved after the build starts until arrival in dealership in Canada or Northern USA?

I guess I'm not used to waiting this long for a new vehicle. I usually go in and buy of the in stock supply or neighbouring city supply.

Keith

Patiently waiting in Ottawa

Thanks for the welcome Hit-By-Thunder. Looks like we're neighbours of a sort (both Canadians) but there has to be a story behind that handle. I ordered my Journey at Metro (Family Run Business) which I have been dealing with for years. They seem to bend over backwards to keep me happy. Could be because this is my 8th vehicle I've purchased from them. I wonder!!

Anyway my Journey is still at code BX (awaiting build) as of 05 April 08. I was wondering if anyone has a idea of the time involved after the build starts until arrival in dealership in Canada or Northern USA?

I guess I'm not used to waiting this long for a new vehicle. I usually go in and buy of the in stock supply or neighbouring city supply.

Keith

Patiently waiting in Ottawa

YaI hear ya, but for me it's more like impatiently waiting. I have chewed all my nails off and I am now working on the first set of knuckles :lol:

money is burning a hole in my pocket and I want to buy NOW!!!!!!. Hey Keith, if you have any inside info on how to track our Journeys, please let us know.

My dealer said my Journey has not been schedules yet (3 weeks now) cause I ordered a fully loaded SXT AWD, the Nav system is not scheduled for build yet ?????

On a side note,....

Story behind the name, I am a Ford boy and Ford was going to produce an Expedition with the lightning engine and all the goodies, I was waiting for it to go into production as I wanted one soooooooooooooooooo bad. So if you owned a lightning you wereso called,... stuck by lightning so to speak and when the "Thunder Exdedition"was to come out, I picked the user name as "Hit-By-Thunder". I have a decal on my truck that was custom made and it says my users name. My friends call it "Thunder's truck" and I laugh cause it sounds like AC/DC's song Thunder struck :lol: kind of a play on words, kinda neat too.

so that is the little story of my user name

Rob

YaI hear ya, but for me it's more like impatiently waiting. I have chewed all my nails off and I am now working on the first set of knuckles :lol:

money is burning a hole in my pocket and I want to buy NOW!!!!!!. Hey Keith, if you have any inside info on how to track our Journeys, please let us know.

My dealer said my Journey has not been schedules yet (3 weeks now) cause I ordered a fully loaded SXT AWD, the Nav system is not scheduled for build yet ?????

On a side note,....

Story behind the name, I am a Ford boy and Ford was going to produce an Expedition with the lightning engine and all the goodies, I was waiting for it to go into production as I wanted one soooooooooooooooooo bad. So if you owned a lightning you wereso called,... stuck by lightning so to speak and when the "Thunder Exdedition"was to come out, I picked the user name as "Hit-By-Thunder". I have a decal on my truck that was custom made and it says my users name. My friends call it "Thunder's truck" and I laugh cause it sounds like AC/DC's song Thunder struck :lol: kind of a play on words, kinda neat too.

so that is the little story of my user name

Rob

I ordered my sandstone sxt,sunroof, convenience1 on March 4th.

I checked at 6 week mark and build code status was klz ( pulled off line for random quality control inspection ). Dealer advised today it comes off line on April 17th and will ship via train X Mexico April 22nd. So I hope to pick up Sat. May 3rd. Side note; dealer provided VIN# which I have given to my insurer.