After two months, to the day, we have our DJ back.....

Psyke

To say the least, I'm happy to have my own car back after all this time. The 2013 SXT was nice, and I found the brakes to be much firmer on it, but I really missed my heated seats, auto climate and Satellite radio.

Work was done by CarStar; Final Bill, $1,833.35 for parts, $2,571.50 in labour, and $444.95 misc, so Grand Total, after taxes, was $4,849.50, which ended up being less than the apprx $5,500 they originally quoted. Rental costs were $3,586.99 for 62 days (absorbed by Insurance and CarStar themselves when insurance ran out). It took 62 days due to one part (left outer quarter panel) being back ordered.

Work looks good; the main part of the damage looks great as did the paint matching, but we'll have to watch the interior gaskets around the door as they seem a bit small. .. There was also a plastic strip on the inside of rear hatch's piston well that's supposed to cover seam that was missing, but CarStar is looking into ordering one for me. When we got the car home, I started to go through the trunk, and found, in a blue fabric bag, a spare rear left tail light. and definitely not my old one, as it had exploded into many many pieces when it hit the pillar (still finding pieces from time to time)...seeing as it's a $304 part, wasn't on my bill, and being honest to a fault, I did ask them about it; the agent at CarStar looked at it, looked at my new tail light, and plainly said keep it :blink:. Now I have to pry off my tail light off to see if it actually works, but if it does, very sweet surprise (and nearly makes up for my deductible).

The only other issues I found were that the change oil message came on, and was expected (I had changed the oil just prior to the accident and had not gotten the message yet). Cleared that, but the check engine light was still on. They took a look at it and code came back as low voltage, which makes sense; Car went in with 17,872 Km's on it and came back to me and out with 17,875 Km, so it really has sat there in the yard for 2 months, and I never removed the rechargeable light, so there definitely was a drain, albeit small, all that time.I also heard something like if it was rubbing, but chalked that up to rust build up on the brakes as it disappeared after a couple of stops.

Now, with the nitty gritty out of the way, I do want to thank DennyB (DodgeCAcares). He was great, having reached out behind the scenes in regards to trying to find the part I needed, and also providing an option to continue our rental after we hit the limit with our Insurance, although I'm really happy CarStar stepped up themselves as I didn't have to pay anything out of pocket up front :). But DennyB, thank you very much. I, and I know others, really do appreciate the help and work you as well as ChrisB (DodgeCares) provide to the people on the boards.

I guess my only disappointment in the whole ordeal (apart from the booboo itself), is how long it took to get fixed, and that was due solely to lack of parts for the vehicle. I mean, yeah, we had a rental, but in the mean time, we didn't get to enjoy the comforts we paid for, and lost two months off our SiriusXM to boot. It was definitely our fault for causing the damage to begin with, but you do have some expectation that parts for a vehicle you purchase would be available within a reasonable amount of time, and two months was not reasonable. It's something we'll have to add to our checklist when shopping for our next car.

Cheers!

Steph S.

Thanks Rolly,I'm starting to think she's cursed; I just took her out for a drive to shake the rust off and to fill her up...almost home and the tpm goes off for the right rear tire...park it and I can just hear the hissing; Nail.

Luckily there's still tons of thread left on it, so I should be able to get it plugged no problem, but man, if it's not one thing, it's another. *sigh*

• Official Dodge Support

Glad to hear you finally got your Journey back and want to apologize on behalf of Chrysler for the part issue. We are currently working to renew focus on parts issues so that others in your situation do not have to wait as long for unavailable parts. I know the customers waiting on trailer hitches feel the same way and we hope to have their parts out soon as well. Hopefully once you get your tire fixed it will be smooth sailing from here on out.