Hood latch too close to the parking brake?

Paladin62

Maybe it's because I have big feet but several times now I have released the hood latch while removing the parking brake. It sucks because I have to stop the vehicle and get out and shut the hood tight.

My foot catches the hood release lever when I am releasing the brake on the upstroke.

I also keep catching my foot on the plastic door jam protector and yanking it out of it's cheap holders. Couldn't they have bothered to put a screw in it instead of the stupid push connectors? You'd think real screws would be cheaper than those flimsy connectors.

Anyone else getting these issues? I wear a size 13 EEE shoe so maybe it's just designed for a smaller foot.

Maybe it's because I have big feet but several times now I have released the hood latch while removing the parking brake. It sucks because I have to stop the vehicle and get out and shut the hood tight.

My foot catches the hood release lever when I am releasing the brake on the upstroke.

I also keep catching my foot on the plastic door jam protector and yanking it out of it's cheap holders. Couldn't they have bothered to put a screw in it instead of the stupid push connectors? You'd think real screws would be cheaper than those flimsy connectors.

Anyone else getting these issues? I wear a size 13 EEE shoe so maybe it's just designed for a smaller foot.

Both my wife and I accidentally popped the hood while releasing the brake the first time. We both have "average" size feet, so it's not just your big feet. Now we know to just be careful when releasing the brake...

Rick