Need PN for Aftermarket MyGig for 2009 Journey

Hello all, I just purchased a new 2009 Journey this past Saturday and bought it off the lot. It came with the standard radio but no Mygig. The sales person offered it as an add-on at the time, but sadly my wife was convinced I didn't need it. So we didn't get it. After a couple of days, I convinced HER how much SHE would like it and she told me to go ahead and get it.

Happily I went back to the dealer and said I wanted to purchase the MyGig with Navigation. I was directed to the parts department and to my horror was told the it was NOT AVAILABLE as an option to add on / or replace the existing radio. That it is only available as an option when the vehicle is ordered direct from the factory.

I have tried to research a little on this and need to confirm the following , that the new MyGig system with Navigation (REU) IS the screen which is at the top of the dash and IS NOT touch screen and is NOT available as a kit to install.

I also found that the MyGig (RER) is a direct replacement for my radio with a touch screen and that it includes the MyGig system with Navigation and works with the back up camera. I however have found no part number for this.

Do any of you know which part number to use to get the MyGig system with Navigation as an add-on to a vehicle which did not come with it. Also, have any of you had it installed after the purchase of the vehicle?

Any help is GREATLY appreciated. I need to get it installed before my wife CHANGES her mind!!

Thanks.

Navjay

Hi Navjay,

Here you go!

"AM/FM/Satellite MP3 Player with 20 GB HD

Click Image to Enlarge

Starting At:

$855.00

Availability:

Ships Within 3 Business Days

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Item Description:

REN AM/FM Stereo Radio with DVD player, 20GB Hard Disk Drive, mini stereo audio jack, USB interface with a 6.5" touch screen

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Item Details:

• Hands-free compatibility with factory UConnect system and production Rearview Camera

• This radio is available with and without integrated satellite radio

• If integrated satellite radio is chosen, a separate satellite radio install kit must be purchased (Subscription Not Included)

• Supports MP3/WMA/JPEG/DVD video

• Covered by Mopar's 12 Month/12,000 Mile Parts and Accessories Warranty

(US Customers Only)

• Available for 2009 Dodge Journey

Select An Option With Factory Installed DVD System $995.00 Without Integrated Satellite Radio $855.00

Related Items:

Sirius Satellite Radio Installation Kit

Our Price: $154.00 "

This is the web site:

http://www.leeparts.com/dodge_journey/accessories/towing/

Keith

Hi Navjay,

Here you go!

"AM/FM/Satellite MP3 Player with 20 GB HD

Click Image to Enlarge

Starting At:

$855.00

Availability:

Ships Within 3 Business Days

Item Description:

REN AM/FM Stereo Radio with DVD player, 20GB Hard Disk Drive, mini stereo audio jack, USB interface with a 6.5" touch screen

Item Details:

• Hands-free compatibility with factory UConnect system and production Rearview Camera

• This radio is available with and without integrated satellite radio

• If integrated satellite radio is chosen, a separate satellite radio install kit must be purchased (Subscription Not Included)

• Supports MP3/WMA/JPEG/DVD video

• Covered by Mopar's 12 Month/12,000 Mile Parts and Accessories Warranty

(US Customers Only)

• Available for 2009 Dodge Journey

Select An Option With Factory Installed DVD System $995.00 Without Integrated Satellite Radio $855.00

Related Items:

Sirius Satellite Radio Installation Kit

Our Price: $154.00 "

This is the web site:

http://www.leeparts.com/dodge_journey/accessories/towing/

Keith

----

Keith,

Does this part include the Navigation integrated into the MyGig? Also, does it work with the rear backup camera?

Navjay,

No and Yes! This is for the REN (Non-navigation My Gig radio) but yes the back-up camera works with this set-up but I don't think it's included. This is the exact set-up I have.

A lot more Info is available on this site:

http://www.wkjeeps.com/wk_nav_2.htm

Dodge Parts does list Garmin GPS Units on their site but I'm sure you could get a better price elsewhere.

Bottom line: Putting the Navigation My Gig unit in the vehicle as a aftermarket installation would be a major and expensive undertaking.

Keith

• 11 months later...

I went thru the same situation, just look for a RER unit that has HIGH SPEED CAN BUS SETTINGS, try on eBay, they go around 800 -1200, or other option that my DODGE aftermarket guy told me, is to install a Pioneer or Kenwood Radio with Navigation, bluetooth, and DVD, they will do it and will still be under DODGE warranty, the quoted that for 1,800. (Which is a lot)...... finally, I decided to buy a REN radio, paid 250 on eBay,(Mygig, with 20gb, DVD, touchscreen) and buy a external Garmin GPS with Bluetooth (Hands free calling) with FM transmitter (199 dlls on amazon) to communicate with the REN radio...I will upload pics of this.