Window lifting issue

Hi everybody.

I've got a problem one week ago. All buttons placed on driver's door aren´t working, except the two which operate rear windows. I can´t lift (or roll down) driver's window, nor lock/unlock the car, neither move mirrors. I can lift and roll down every window from the button in its door (obviosuly, except driver's window), and even lock/unlock the car.

I tried to make a reset, holding the button up (and down), but didn´t get results. Do you know how to make another reset?

I contacted my dealer, and they say they need to keep the car for one whole day (at least...), to find and fix the issue, but i think it has to be something more simple to solve.

Thank you in advance for any idea.

PS. My Journey SXT is dated in 2009, although I bought it (brand new) in April/2011.

I'm not familiar with the Journey wiring or fuse setup, but on an older car I had similar things happen. Both times it was broken wires.

Once it was right in the door near the controls, the other was in the wiring that runs from inside the door to behind the dash.

If you can find the break its easy enough to reconnect or join a piece, just be sure to use the right gauge wire.

I've also heard it could be caused by a fuse, but I haven't personally experienced that.

I'm not familiar with the Journey wiring or fuse setup, but on an older car I had similar things happen. Both times it was broken wires.

Once it was right in the door near the controls, the other was in the wiring that runs from inside the door to behind the dash.

If you can find the break its easy enough to reconnect or join a piece, just be sure to use the right gauge wire.

I've also heard it could be caused by a fuse, but I haven't personally experienced that.

Well, as I said, car is younger than two years, I told so when I phoned to the dealer, and his answer was that they will fix the problem without any cost for me, so I'll go there and leave my car for one day (at least...).

Thank you.

• 1 month later...

Hi again.

Solved. I drove my car to the dealer, and in two hours (more or less), they phoned me, and told "your car is repaired". When I asked them about the bug, they told me it was fixed just updating the software. It seems this issue is in any kind of "knowledge base", and, after some checks (hardware checks, I suppose), they applied the update to my car's system.

Well, no cost for me, just time wasting going to the dealer, going back home, and "regoing" to the dealer. Of course, no parts (hardware) where replaced.