weigh scale weights and tire pressure for me

well went to the scale last night and here are the figures for me

2009 SXT AWD Full load (options)

Front axle 1200 Kgs = 2640 lbs

Both axles 2300 Kgs = 5060 lbs

Rear axle 1100 Kgs = 2420 lbs

NOTE we had about 150 of stuff in the back of the car

I'll try and do this so you can follow

Tire are 19" Kumho's stock tire with 1709lbs @ 44PSI per tire so that is 3418 max weight for the tires on each axle

Front axle weight is 2640 lbs, which is 77.23% of the 3418lbs. So now 77.23% of the 44psi max pressure is 33.98 psi or 34 PSI for front tires

Rear axle weight is 2420 lbs, which is 70% of the 3418lbs. So now 70% of the 44psi max pressure is 30.8 psi or 31PSI for the rear tires

Now this works for our car as mentioned above. I know this math works cause I took my 2001 F150 supercab 4X4 (7700 series) )to the weigh scales when the new tires went on. I have 50,000 + KM's on them with regular rotations (every oil change) and there is just over 70% left on the tires.

take the weight of your axles figure the percentage and then figure the percentage off the max pressure. This will give you the perfect footprint for the tire

Hope this helps some of you guys out.

Rob

well went to the scale last night and here are the figures for me

2009 SXT AWD Full load (options)

Front axle 1200 Kgs = 2640 lbs

Both axles 2300 Kgs = 5060 lbs

Rear axle 1100 Kgs = 2420 lbs

NOTE we had about 150 of stuff in the back of the car

I'll try and do this so you can follow

Tire are 19" Kumho's stock tire with 1709lbs @ 44PSI per tire so that is 3418 max weight for the tires on each axle

Front axle weight is 2640 lbs, which is 77.23% of the 3418lbs. So now 77.23% of the 44psi max pressure is 33.98 psi or 34 PSI for front tires

Rear axle weight is 2420 lbs, which is 70% of the 3418lbs. So now 70% of the 44psi max pressure is 30.8 psi or 31PSI for the rear tires

Now this works for our car as mentioned above. I know this math works cause I took my 2001 F150 supercab 4X4 (7700 series) )to the weigh scales when the new tires went on. I have 50,000 + KM's on them with regular rotations (every oil change) and there is just over 70% left on the tires.

take the weight of your axles figure the percentage and then figure the percentage off the max pressure. This will give you the perfect footprint for the tire

Hope this helps some of you guys out.

Rob

I just checked the pressures the other day and they were set to 35psi from the factory. We have the same tires.

The door sticker says 34psi and that is interesting that your calculations match for the front but not the back. It looks like you balanced the car by adjusting for the different axle weights.

So if you load up the vehicle with 7 people or put a whole bunch of stuff in the back you would leave the rear at 30 psi?

How are these tires in the winter? You get some nasty weather out there and we do at times here in southern Ontario too. If we need to swap them I'd rather be looking now then in the fall and find they are hard to get.

TheStewie