Brakes Again

Just had my brakes done at local dealer in St.Thomas, turned front rotors and added new pads as per extended warranty. Back brake rotors were warped, turned rotors and cleaned and serviced, charged me 158$. I called the serervice manager and basically was told tough luck. Even though the dealership replaced the front pads there was no warranty. Called Chrysler customer service and was told the same thing tough luck we only cover the front brakes. All I wanted was the 158$ waived, or even the cost reduced for doing the rear brakes. Oh forgot to mention I had only 33497 K on the vehicle. Guess in another 30000 K I'll have to have brakes done again at this rate. Chrysler no help dealership no help no poorly designed product. I will be changing dealerships after dealing at the same one for over 30 years.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Coop

What year is your journey. I have a 2010 sxt fwd. 26000 km on it. Needs new front brakes also and was told of it needs rears and they won't do anything to call back the customer service and see what they will do. Oh did I mention it has been at the dealer in London for almost 3 weeks because the engine needs to have all 6 cylinders and the heads replaced

It is a 2010 Journey R/T. Sorry to hear about engine problem, I've had a couple of 3.5 litre V-6 never had an issue except for cam belts and a broken cam gear on my Eagle. This is the first headache I've had with warranty service. I never had a problem at this dealership before, but is under new management from the last new vehicle.

Congratulations, glad everything worked out okay. Just dropped mine off at dealership. Front right brake was making noises while driving through London tonight. Heard the noise twice and called dealership. More bullshit

Two weeks ago i had to replace my rear pads and rotors, 48000 miles, 90% highway. Left was still 50% tread on, right side totally gone. Dealer mentioned that the calipers had to be repaced, 100$ copay, all OK. Paid in total $650 incl brake fluid change.

This week the front brakes started to shake, wne t back to the dealer, and rotors needed to be replaced, pads had 70% tread on it. Was not happy with this, since the machined the rotors 20000 miles ago under warranty. Agreed to have new rotors (one year warranty) and brake pads (life time warranty) for $220.00

Brakes are terrible n this car, i hope that they will last a bit longer this time

Last week we took our 2010 RT 2.7L FWD in for it's 24,000km scheduled service and were told that our front rotors need to be machined or even replaced and front pads need replacing.

After reading our warranty handbook I saw that the Brakes (disc rotors, pads, linings, and drums) are only covered for 12months or for 20,000km, whichever occurs first, both of these we have exceeded.

So I called our local Dodge dealer questioning why we are having these problems on such a new car and that I really wasn't very happy about it.

I was told today that the warranty on the brakes has now been extended to 24 months or 40,000km... interesting... My car goes into the Dodge workshop on Wednesday... Will let you all know how it goes....

craaaaappppp -- i live in St.Thomas but work and bought my 2012 R/T in London ..... hope my brakes are OKAY.

Any info on the new Journeys? as in, if they've fixed this issue of burning through brakes so fast? .... Ive never had to replace the brakes on any car with the exception of the Taurus I had in highschool .....

The Journey Ive bought was a DEMO driven by the sales mgr, is currently has 11,000kms on it .................... now this makes me worry