Brake warning light

I just had the brake warning light come on while driving last night. 1900km on the clock.

I checked the obvious, fluid, parking brake, electrical switch on the resevoir, but it all seems okay. I connected my OBD2 reader, and there were no codes stored.

I am taking it into the dealer today while I am in town. That figures.....We are going on a vacation this weekend. Thats usually when something goes wrong!!!!!!!

I will keep everyone posted on the outcome.

Rick.

I took the Journey to the dealership, and they were good enough to squeeze me in before the holiday tomorrow. The red brake light on the dash (not the ABS) came on and the dealer scanned the computer and found that the brake fluid switch had failed. They have ordered one, and it won't take long to install.

He said that it was a first for them.

mrdirt, what sensor was recalled? I don't remember seeing that.

Rick.

I took the Journey to the dealership, and they were good enough to squeeze me in before the holiday tomorrow. The red brake light on the dash (not the ABS) came on and the dealer scanned the computer and found that the brake fluid switch had failed. They have ordered one, and it won't take long to install.

He said that it was a first for them.

mrdirt, what sensor was recalled? I don't remember seeing that.

Rick.

Maybe recall was the wrong word, but there was a rapid response issued for one of the brake sensors. With mine the ABS/BAS light?? kept going off. I think that is the right letters on the light anyway. It was discussed in here somewhere, but I couldn't find it just a minute ago.

• 3 weeks later...
Yes, I do remember something about the ABS problem, but this switch is the one that is mounted on the reservoir for the brake fluid on the master brake cylinder.

Rick.

Do you have the number of that rapid response re the brake switch/sensor? Our light just came on yesterday and everything works fine but we need to take it in too.

TheStewie

My brake warning light came on yesterday. Took it to the dealer and sure enough the sensor in the master cylinder that tells the computer the fluid is low is shot. They have ordered a new master cylinder but said it may be a while. 74 are currently backordered

Thanks, i will bring that info along to the dealers when we call them. They cringe when we bring it in now for all of these "little" issues but it is a new car and they have to learn sometime how to fix em up!!

TheStewie

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks, i will bring that info along to the dealers when we call them. They cringe when we bring it in now for all of these "little" issues but it is a new car and they have to learn sometime how to fix em up!!

TheStewie

As with everyone else, the dealer has ordered the parts to correct an internal Brake sensor issue. It must be the master cylinder switch that others have talked about and only 6000km.

The Stewie

TheStewie

Same thing here! The light came on for no reason while driving last sunday!

• 1 month later...

Same here at 6,000 miles, brake light comes on. Basically dealership says part is on backorder cause of all the calls placed on it and won't be in for a month. So we are looking at the end of October for it to be fixed. In the meantime will not effect the driving of the vehicle. Funny, sounds like it should be a recall since it seems like we are all getting the same error or will be getting it sooner or later. :redcard:

• 3 weeks later...

My dealer changed the master cylinder for the second time and this time, Chrysler told them that the sensor was burning because of water. What I understood is that something on the master cylinder need to be seal... (it has never been done, even when it was brand new!). I think a rapid response is on the way...

• 5 years later...

I have a dodge journey 2009 and all of a sudden ABS/BAS amber light appears on display. Once it appears I have to stop the CRV stops and starts again to make it disappear. But it does not work all the time. Some times it disappears after few days. It does not have any pattern to come and go. I tried few times to reproduce but could not. It comes and go without any reason. Some times I a driving in smooth road in 40 to 60km/h and it appears by itself.

Finally I showed it to mechanic and he said break sensor (must be Master sensor switch as other talked) needs to be replaced. He is still waiting for the order to reach and then will fix. My finger are crossed if that is the same issue every one is having or something new.

I will update.

Thanks