Crysler Upgrade program

silentdan

I just recieved a leter from my local dealer where I bought my 2010 Journey SXT stating that I have been pre qualified for an invitation only event.It also says that the dealership is in imidiate need of aquiring over 36 pre owned vehicles in order to fill specific requests for these high demand vehicles.The local area is expiriencing a critical shortage of low milege pre owned vehicles.Our records indicate that you may curently own one of these vehicles and out Managers may buy back your vehicle above market value,even if you owe more than its appraised value.

There is more in the letter that will take a while for me to type but I just wanted to see if anyone else recieved such a letter.This just sounds so unusual I dont know what to make of it.I would definetely swap for a newer Journey if this was legit but I dont know.

My DJ is hardly used and has 28000 km and its a 2010 by the way.

Also I am located in B.C Canada if that maters at all.

Cheers!

I got a similar letter, though for my other Chrysler, which is a 2000 LHS with 150K km on it - they're looking to liquidate vehicles and will give you a larger than normal trade-in, against a smaller than normal discount on the new vehicle.

I got a similar letter, though for my other Chrysler, which is a 2000 LHS with 150K km on it - they're looking to liquidate vehicles and will give you a larger than normal trade-in, against a smaller than normal discount on the new vehicle.

So with that said do you think I should bite this deal or just let it go.I just dont want to get sucked in to owing more money than I have to.

Thanks for the reply by the way.

It depends . . . . . deals are in the eye of the beholder. In my opinion, if someone paid me what I see dealers asking for used Journeys (some are asking more than I paid for mine new for units with 30,000 km on them) I'd jump in a heartbeat - but those dealers tend to sit on their inventory forever.

You might want to invest an hour of your time to listen to what they have to say . . . . maybe they use 'new math' and you really can trade in and get a new unit and pay less than you are paying today - but be careful that you don't pay that lower monthly fee for extra months - it isn't a deal if it costs more in total.

Dodge dealers seem to send out these letters pretty frequently; I used to ge tthem every couple of weeks when I had the caliber, starting about 2 years after purchase.

We ended up going in when they called us directly at the end of this past march(they were trying to dump months end inventory), mainly because I figured if they wanted to entertain us, It didn't hurt to listen, and because if there was a chance I could offload the Caliber, then why not. They ended up giving me way more than what the caliber was worth (although I just saw it online for almost 2.5K more than they gave me..so not worth it :)), but just shy on what I owed after almost 4 years. I could have negotiated better, but I was more interested in getting rid of the caliber seeing as there was a couple of thousand in suspension work that needed to be done.

Like Bramfrank says, it doesn't hurt to go see them and see what they have to offer and whether it fits what you're looking to do.

Dodge dealers seem to send out these letters pretty frequently; I used to ge tthem every couple of weeks when I had the caliber, starting about 2 years after purchase.

We ended up going in when they called us directly at the end of this past march(they were trying to dump months end inventory), mainly because I figured if they wanted to entertain us, It didn't hurt to listen, and because if there was a chance I could offload the Caliber, then why not. They ended up giving me way more than what the caliber was worth (although I just saw it online for almost 2.5K more than they gave me..so not worth it :)), but just shy on what I owed after almost 4 years. I could have negotiated better, but I was more interested in getting rid of the caliber seeing as there was a couple of thousand in suspension work that needed to be done.

Like Bramfrank says, it doesn't hurt to go see them and see what they have to offer and whether it fits what you're looking to do.

I also traded in a Caliber for my DJ and never felt sorry for doing it.

I will take everyones advise and see where this will lead.Hopefully will have a new DJ to play with.

Cheers guys!

I used to get these all the time from a dealership where I bought my prior Honda. If you read all the fine print, it probably says somewhere in there that they will deduct a certain amount off the offer price for every mile the vehicle has been driven. When I calculated it out, they would have given me something like $2000 for a 5 year old Honda Element with under 70k miles on it. Yeah RIGHT.

I used to get these all the time from a dealership where I bought my prior Honda. If you read all the fine print, it probably says somewhere in there that they will deduct a certain amount off the offer price for every mile the vehicle has been driven. When I calculated it out, they would have given me something like $2000 for a 5 year old Honda Element with under 70k miles on it. Yeah RIGHT.

Then I will tell them to stick their offer where the sun don't shine.

If they can't offer at least $20.000 I probobly won't be interested in anything else they have to say.They are selling used Journeys on their lot over $20.000 and they also have over 60000 plus kilometers on them.

My DJ looks like it just came off the showroom I only drive it to work and back and my work is like 10 blocks away.And of course I drive it to the store and here and there but no long trips yet.

• 2 weeks later...