Sensor/Camera

theelys

What is the sensor/camera looking thing that is in the center of the map lights between the visors in my Dodge Journey. It doesn't seem to do anything, but I cant figure out why it is there.

I believe it is a sensor monitoring the cabin temperature.

Terry

I believe it is a sensor monitoring the cabin temperature.

Terry

I can't figure out why I cant find the same thing on the website or in pictures of the same thing. It is inset in the center cieling console between the map lights. It almost looks like a security camera. Big Brother??

I can't figure out why I cant find the same thing on the website or in pictures of the same thing. It is inset in the center cieling console between the map lights. It almost looks like a security camera. Big Brother??

can you take a picture and post it? Also, do you have the ambient light sensor in the middle of the dash by the bottom of the windshield (if you have auto lights that is)?

I figured that it was some kind of light sensor, but couldn't figure out why it was pointed toward the cabin.

I could be wrong (and of course it wouldn't be the first time), As I mentioned earlier , I believe this is a temperature sensor for inside the car.

Terry

I could be wrong (and of course it wouldn't be the first time), As I mentioned earlier , I believe this is a temperature sensor for inside the car.

Terry

Could very well be that; figure you'd see something similar on all journey's though...

Found this here; it is indeed an infrared tempurature gauge; was easier to find when I started looking for courtesy lights instead of map lights :D

cheers!

Steph S.

Edited by Psyke