Odometer reading

Sounder

Hello all,

New to Forum.

Just bought a 2010 SXT Journey. Love the vehicle so far.

I was wondering how you can tell if the odometer is in Km's or Miles.

When I cycle through the dash menu, it says KM's to empty.

Does this mean the odometer is in Km's?

Thanks for any response.

Dave

Congrats on the new Journey. I believe the only thing you can change to mph is the digital speedometer, for when you're driving in the states. All other readings I do believe are KM. My Bad; sorry.

cheers!

Steph S.

Edited by Psyke

Love the vehicle so far. I was wondering how you can tell if the odometer is in Km's or Miles

Dave

I too offer my Congrats on your Journey.

I have a 2010 R/T and if your car is Canadian which I assume it is, I would expect it to be all metric. You can change the EVIC to American units, but the main speedo is in kilometers/hour. What is marked on the speedo? Are the top speed numbers 130 or 220? If they are 130, it's mph and if they are 220, they ar kms/hr.

So in this case why woukld you have the EVIC set to anything but metric when your speedo is in kilometers? Obviously you could verify this by just taking it for a drive and noting whether your speedo registered 50 kms/hr or 30 mph in normal street traffic.

Terry

Edited by Windancer

The second generation (11+) Journeys change everything, including the odometer to US measure if you use the 'units' feature on the settings menu of the touchscreen. Since the speedo has both kph & mph markings (presumably in the US the mph is the primary ring) it is simple to use the speedo in with either standard.

Presumably the first generation models do something different, given the reply from Windancer.