Got the LED bright fogs in

The LED fogs I posted about awhile ago showed up

2208373800033947602S600x600Q85.jpg2910911950033947602S600x600Q85.jpg

Here's who I bought them from

http://www.ebay.com/...2ee83a7&vxp=mtr

Look like decent quality, guess we'll see how they last. Very close match to 4300k HID headlights I put in. Quite a bit brighter to look at, haven't drove at night yet. You have to trim some little locating tabs on them, as they are not 100% match to OE bulbs, but thats the way it is if you want something bright instead of awful stock ones. Trim 2 spots to fit bulb in housing, and one to fit plug on. Compare to OE and you'll see what I mean. Just use a sharp razor blade. Plug also will not latch on, but does go on and seal correctly, so I just threaded a small stainless screw in , that sits against plug and bulb. I'll update after a night drive. Took pics with 1 new, and one OE so you could see difference. I have tried MANY LED fogs, and these are the only ones I have seen that are this bright, rest are a waste of time.

Edited by Moparman

Looks awesome!

A few questions:

So all of the trimming and modifications needed are only done to the bulb, not the stock harness?

How do you access the fog lights?

Could you take a close up of the bulb in the housing with it off? I would like to see how it looks!

Did you have to re-aim the headlights or do the HID's not blind people?

Looks awesome!

A few questions:

So all of the trimming and modifications needed are only done to the bulb, not the stock harness?

Yes just bulbs, not the factory wiring or fog light housing.

How do you access the fog lights?

Jack it up a bit, and you can reach up in under the front corners.

Could you take a close up of the bulb in the housing with it off? I would like to see how it looks!

yep will do when i get a chance

Did you have to re-aim the headlights or do the HID's not blind people?

yes have to reaim after, I mark wall where stock are, then put HIDs in and aim to old marks. That gets you very close.

Very nice...I'd love to see some nights shots of the front and also the view from the car if posible!

Quick question about your HIDs, do they interfere with the automatic shut on/off when unlocking/locking the car or when you put it on auto for day/night sensor?

Thanks!

Very nice...I'd love to see some nights shots of the front and also the view from the car if posible!

Quick question about your HIDs, do they interfere with the automatic shut on/off when unlocking/locking the car or when you put it on auto for day/night sensor?

Thanks!

ok, i'll get more pics. No doesnt effect anything at all, work same as reg lights

ok, i'll get more pics. No doesnt effect anything at all, work same as reg lights

thanks for the feedback. Did you buy the HIDs on ebay too or local? Easy to install or did you go to a shop? Nice ride btw, love the blacked out grill...I'm in Toronto, so hope to see you around if you're in the GTA

thanks for the feedback. Did you buy the HIDs on ebay too or local? Easy to install or did you go to a shop? Nice ride btw, love the blacked out grill...I'm in Toronto, so hope to see you around if you're in the GTA

Got the HIDs from these guys http://www.ddmtuning.com/Product-Categories/HID-Kits-Lighting/HID-Kits

Might try these guys next time, supposed to be one of the best out there

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?products_id=3956

Installed myself, I'm a Tech at a dealer. Not really hard to do though, if your comfortable with a bit of wiring. I'm from Belleville actually :-)

• 1 month later...

Looks like TRS modified and have an independent HID system for Mopar vehicles:

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?products_id=18639

When I first inquired about the HIDs, they mentioned they needed a special harness to deal with the errors that people were getting when installing on a Mopar vehicle. This appears to now be included in this kit, but costs a bit more than the original HID kit.