New Journey came with these tires...problem?

jdmartin

I just purchased an '09 Journey, and it has all new Hankook Ventus AS 235/55R19 tires all around. I believe the '09 Journey was originally fitted with 225 series tires, and was just curious if these new Hankooks were going to present any problem with the size difference.

Thanks...

Jim

The tires on these vehicles have been a constant source of iritation for many here. Chrysler in their wisdom chose to put a unique size of 225/55/19 Kumho tires on this car. Many people have complained both to their dealers and to Chrysler about this problem. So to combat this Chrysler issued a bulletin, and Dodge Cares who is a forum member and works for Dodge may want to comment more on this, that 235/50/19 tires can be used as a replacement. I could be wrong but I believe it should be 235/50/19's not 235/55/19's.

Please correct me if I am wrong as I don't want to give out false information.

I myself have had no real problems with the Kumho tires on my car, but if you read these forums there have been some "horror" stories about these tires.

Terry

Edited by Windancer

Just remember with AWD use the same size tire on all "4" wheels.very important.....

I think some of the AWD stories we read on here (even from dealers,new and used) came from selling a used journey and needed only two tires for safety inspection to pass and went this way due to the odd Kumho size.............then trouble with the AWD sensors for proper wheel spin............Caper.........