R/T Questions

AdamBrisebois

Just got off the phone with the dealership, I asked about the 16" steel wheels. I'm tired of having to pay 200+ per tire on these 19" Kumhos.

The dealership said that they don't think they will fit the R/T AWD because of the caliper clearance, has anyone been able to shoehorn these things on?

One way or another, these 19" rims have got to go, I can't take it anymore. 800 bucks every time we lose a tire is damned ridiculous.

I'm pretty confident that 17" rims would fit easily, but I'd prefer the 16" steels if they can fit.

If anyone is in New England, and wants to trade 17's for a set of the Brushed 19"s with worn out tires, let me know! I might even throw in some cash if the tires on the 17's are in good shape.

There are many users who use 16" rims with no issues. I have them myself. I purchased them from Fountain tire which are OEM spec, and I had no issues with caliper clearance. There are some users that have needed to shave the caliper a little bit. Just make sure you get OEM ones otherwise they may not fit.

It's interesting the dealer said that they wouldn't fit... The base model Journey comes standard with 16" rims. There is no difference in the caliper from the base to the R/T. The 16" Grand Caravan rims will also work.