Disable Alarm

Does anyone know how to disable the security alarm on the Journey? Every time it is activated and the remote's removable key is put into the lock, it goes off. Or, can anyone tell me how to prevent this from happening?

Dont take this the wrong way but why not just use the keyless entry option on your key fob?

When you press unlock it disarms the alarm at the same time? I also think that I read in the manual if you press the lock button inside the doors when you are getting out it doesnt arm the alarm so if you used the key it wouldnt go off getting back in...

• 10 months later...

This happens because when you use the valet key to open the door, you haven't disarmed the alarm. The alarm is going off because it thinks you're breaking in. Using the fob to lock the doors will arm the alarm, unless you lock the doors manually from the inside before getting out, your alarm will continue to sound when you open the door with the valet key. For this reason, our dealership specifically said they don't recommend using the valet key.