Many, many questions

Marius

First off, it's coming: 2012, Black on Black, Journey RT fully loaded. I liked the car since the first rental, and since I am not allowed to get my LR4 yet because this :chairshot: is what wifey did to me when I suggested it, I think I'll stick to a pretty cool daddymobile.

Now, the real questions.

Hate the 19" rims. I'm looking for replacements

1. 20"s would be nice, but I am kind of outdoors at every opportunity, so

2. 17"s rims seems to be logical, practical, cheaper and all around a better fit.

Feel free to comment on the pairing of tires with either of them, offroad/all season/performance?

Thanks for commenting, I'll post pics as it comes in

I have a 09 r/t with the 19" wheels. After replacing the tires off and on over the last two years, I purchased some 17" rims from Discount Tire (17" chrome $167 ea.) and tires (65,000 mile/ $103ea.) The last 255/55/19 cost me $279. I think I'm better off with the 17". At least If the wife has a flat I can pick up a spare just about anywhere. The ride is more comfortable.

Not saying the design is not nice, but as mentioned above, I have a problem with the availability of tires. Plus, although they look good, I don't need 19" chrome wheels to go outdoors.

17" with BFGoodrich Krawlers seem to me a lot better choice. Plus, it will be easier to fine performance tires as well, at 17 ...or 20"

Not saying the design is not nice, but as mentioned above, I have a problem with the availability of tires. Plus, although they look good, I don't need 19" chrome wheels to go outdoors. 17" with BFGoodrich Krawlers seem to me a lot better choice. Plus, it will be easier to fine performance tires as well, at 17 ...or 20"

Very valid points, Thanks, was just curious that's all.

Terry

• 1 month later...

Just remember the R/T with 19" wheels is AWD.......How does changing to 17" affect this......??

.Caper.

Theoretically the bigger the rubber, the smoother the ride. Don't get me wrong, I love the look of big rims, but just as 10" heels on a dropdead gorgeous girl will have her break her ankles before you getting to the point ...so is with the car, less rubber translates into more impact on the wheel and adjacent parts: shocks, breaks paths, ball joints etc. They all will have more stress translated to them. At least that's what has been left in my head from when I was passing the tools to my dad, and was NOT listening to his mechanics tips.

Who hasn't been there: mind wondering at football and cheerleaders.

Very valid points, Thanks, was just curious that's all.

Terry

Love your RT Terry. White would have been a choice of mine too, but wifey hates it. Since this is a daddymobile "the bowed hand the sword won't severe", right?!?

Where did you get the aftermarket parts, I want the side steps, the deflectors etc. By the way, the Journey I got is a 2012 model, RT with 7 seater and all but the DVD unit and chrome wheels. All the rest of the toys are in: the 8.4" nav and camera, sound system etc.

Love your RT Terry. White would have been a choice of mine too,...Where did you get the aftermarket parts,

Thanks Marius, although white was not my first choice but it grew on me very quickly. Now I probably wouldn't have it any other way. It's easier to keep clean and when it is dirty it doesn't seem as bad. Of course this is my subjective opinion.

When I purchased my car off the lot, I had a choice of 4 R/T AWD's, a white one, a black one and 2 light steel blue ones. I didn't really like the steel blue ones, I knew from my previous car how difficult black was to keep clean so I went with the white one which still had much of the shipping plastic still on it. One thing about this vehicle was that it had every option available to a 2010 R/T AWD on it. I haven't regretted my decision in the two years I have owned it.

As far as all the aftermarket stuff is concerned, most of it was installed (or at least ordered) through my dealer.

• The chrome step bars were ordered through my dealer (can get you the part number if you want) and put on in January
  • The air deflectors, (both hood & sunroof) are Mopar
  • The chrome gas tank cover is Mopar
  • The chrome R/T emblems came from my dealer. Several other members have these and I quite liked them so I decided to order them.
  • The "chrome" Buick portholes, while not everyone's "cup of tea", were left over from my PT Criuser
  • The "chrome" moulding on my front valence and on both air deflectors was again something that was left over from my PT Criuser.
  • The roof racks look very odd by theselves, but do a great job of transporting my 4 windurfing boards or my 2 kayaks.

I realize that some of the things are not what everybody may do to their vehicle, but it makes it unique and individual. This is something I really learned with my PT because it seems you either love them or hate them.

Terry

141743334.jpg

141773108.jpg

Edited by Windancer