Searching for wheels for a 2012 fwd

Javier Medina

Just purchased a 2012 basic model Journey which so far have no issues . I do miss my rt charger but with the new family addition it was probably best. I have no issues with the vehicle besides the ugly hub cap tires I really would like some new wheels . I'm thinking black would look sharp before I go browsing what specs do I need to know? Would like to maintain the original tires but always open to bigger options. Thanks in advance !!

• 3 weeks later...

My Journey came with 225/55R 19 painted aluminum wheels. I kept my 225/65R 17" snow tires and rims from my 2009 Journey SXT and they work well on the 2012 Crew. I am not sure about these "painted" aluminum wheels. Anything painted that I know of usually wears off. Need I worry?

I wanted 22's but I live in Canada and the roads here are the shits.

I also live in the Great White North and I agree 22" might look great, but the practical side of me knows that having such large rims and "elastic bands" for tires would be pushing it. Personally, I think a 50 series tire is as low as I would want to go. Just my own opinion though, others may/will differ.

Terry