Mopar Accessories

drphil

Anyone add anything to your Journey yet?

I'm interested in a few things - the bug shield/front air deflector, the side window air deflectors, possibly the splash guards and most likely the slush floor mats.

I've noticed over the last day or so that more items seem to be showing up on eBay...maybe I'll just be a little patient for now...but with the paint chips on the hood we've had on both of our past vehicles, I doubt I'll wait for the front air deflector.

Steve

I just bought the splash guards, slush mats, sunroof deflector, door sill guards and the cargo tray. Tray is nice, not as thick or heavy as I had hoped but it has some tackfulness so nothign slides around. Slush mats are nice but I wish they woudl have oversized them a bit or made the edges come up higher to keep teh water in, otherwise they are very nice. The rest I plan on installing soon, did look at all the instructions and they are straight forward, my only concern is being able to get in the wheel well with tools to drill/screw them in. Will post with any issues I face.

BTW...I ordered from browndaubdodge on Ebay, they are a local Dodge dealership to me, well other side of the state but either way, ordered all those items midday on a Thursday some came on Monday and the rest Tues so very fast shipping and very good on shipping rates when combining orders.

see now, you just answered a couple of questions i would have had - the cargo tray AND the slush mats i expected to be HEAVY solid rubber with big edges/lips to keep in water and such. i agree...they SHOULD be oversized and the fact that they are not steers me away from them for now. i may wait until another manufacturer comes out with their version of the slush mats.

indeed let me know about the splash guard installation, as that's one i definitely feel i'll want (along with the front air deflector...which reminds me, i've got to go back outside and put my second coat of touch-up paint on the hood of my toyota matrix...darn pebbles)

WOW - I am surprised that they have so many items already available.....and at good prices too.

Not that great of prices hence me gettign them on Ebay.

Put everything on the other day. Instructions are crap so unless you are handy let the dealer do it. You do need to drill for the splash guards also the front ones you need to go thru metal. Overall all ass. mentioned above took 2hr and that was taking my time and making some extra mods on my own. Plus getting to know my new vehicle from teh undercarraige a little better.

Not that great of prices hence me gettign them on Ebay.

Put everything on the other day. Instructions are crap so unless you are handy let the dealer do it. You do need to drill for the splash guards also the front ones you need to go thru metal. Overall all ass. mentioned above took 2hr and that was taking my time and making some extra mods on my own. Plus getting to know my new vehicle from teh undercarraige a little better.

well, thanks for the update at least...not exactly what i wanted to hear though. i know i could probably figure it out on my own, which probably is the best way since dodge likely charges quite a bit for labor to install them.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Just thought I'd give my opinion. I have the Husky front mats & cargo liner. I feel that these fit better than anything I have ever seen. the front mats fit as snug as a glove, there is no way that they will ever shift. They turn up on all sides so nothing will get on the carpet. they are moulded for each individual vehicle. Bought mine from The prices are very reasonable and shiping is always free. If you would like to see photos let me know and I'll try to get some posted.

PS: Im going to go ahead and order the second row mats next.

• 1 month later...

I bought the slush mats incl trunk and the mud flaps. Went to the local dealer with the prints from ebay pricing. They matched it, just need to pay the tax but no shipping charges. Good thing: they had it on stock.

Installed everything which was very easy. Not completely satisfied on the flaps on the back, since bumper curving and flapcurves are not the same to the insider, which requires a thin washer to make it perfect. Best way for installing on the back is to remove your wheel.

Living in Canada, there really much of an option for third-party accessories or a good pricing on OEM. I had to succumb to the:

1. OEM dark slate grey slush mats

- which I find too light of a colour and doesn't match the dark grey interior

- too small of a coverage

2. OEM rear cargo area tray

- this time it's colour black and strangely doesn't match the colour of the front slush mats

- I have a 7-seater Journey so these mats are really cumbersome and useless if you use the third-row seats. I don't use the third-row at the moment and I don't know where to store the gigantic mats in the car.

I want to buy:

3. Bug deflector, but I saw the instructions and you need to drill holes on the hood. Skip. Plus using a car wash with brushes may destroy this deflector the way it destroyed the deflector on my friend's Highlander.

4. Those black 19" wheels, but with the stupid Kumho tire being the only option and, hence, ridiculous shortage and pricing will make it another skip.

5. Chrome Molding - saving up

6. Door Sill Guard - saving up

Also in canada..

Picked up chrome molding day i picked up Journey, yet to see another one like it on DVP/404 Hwy was less than $200 installed by Dodge and their out sourced body shop...dont trust my eyes... picture in (Bumper protector post)

Installed bumper protector from Autoxclusive looks good and easy to install dito not seen another one yet..

Picked up from apple the ipod converter so now i dont run my iphone ∨ nano dry when using it hooked up to the radio

TO DO..

Now have seen the exhaust tips from jeep fitted in exhaust post, i like them too so save a few pennys and see what i can do

My youngest thinks the filler cap should be chrome ummm ok on list

Me id like to do the lower billet grill only in chrome some how, so looking at all options

And husky mats a must before first snow... looking forward to trying the AWD and electric trickery out in the snow, its great in the wet so far...