First towing with my new Hero yesterday

Jay Sixspeedrt

Got the Class IV Reese hitch and wiring installed Tuesday. Hooked up the 5 x 10 landscape trailer and hauled my snowmobile to the dealer yesterday to drop off for routine service - about 120 miles round trip. The Journey performed fine - doesn't seem to drop very much in the back when the weight of the tongue is on it - I even stood on the tongue and it seemed to barely move downwards. Suspension seems stouter than my former Mitsubishi Montero Sport. Never noticed the TSC kicking in - but seemed stable - on expressway at 70 mph didn't even feel the trailer behind me. That trailer tows heavy too, due to the vertical 4' gate which adds a lot of wind resistance.

So far so good - I am pleased.

• 3 weeks later...

Do you have a double wide snowmobile trailer or single?

The reason I am asking is info on the side mirror ext.

I am going to need them as my trailer for my two Polaris Sportsman's (ATV's) is 102 inches or 8 1/2 feet wideX 10 feet long and will need the driver and passanger mirror extensions so I can see. Nose cone protector(slush guard) on the trailer also.

I seen the suction type but don't know how well they stay on. These would be better due to the fact when you use you power fuction to move them, the add-ons will move also..............................Caper.....

Jay, I have to ask this.....

I see you have a Challenger as your profile pic... and your screen name supports it. Did you keep it or did you have to trade it for the Journey? We had a 2010 SE that we loved dearly, but had to trade due to ANOTHER baby coming. As with other posts you've made... we both agree. The Pentastar is phenomenal in its performance. The package with the Journey is very respectable, too.

Glad you're liking it. We've got about 7000 miles on our 2011 Mainstreet now. No major complaints. Very happy. i do plan, however... in aquiring another Challenger. one day. maybe :(

Edited by b1pig

No, I have both vehicles - still have my 2010 Challenger R/T - she'll be 2 years old March 1st - just turned 20,000 miles before winter. She's pretty much stored for the winter right now - put the Battery Tender on her in the garage - did get her out for a run in early February when we had some nice weather and the road salt/sand was cleared.

I had a 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 and a 2008 VW that I traded in for the Journey - the beauty of that deal is that my payments are $150 less a month now - I couldn't go wrong.

Edited by Jay Sixspeedrt