CD Player - Random/Repeat Functions...?!!??

OK, I've got an SXT with the 6-disc in-dash changer...where are the random and repeat functions???

I'm pretty good at technical stuff and have thoroughly played with the radio in CD mode and read through the manual now cover-to-cover...and no mention of either of these functions!??!!!

If I've got the ability to load up 6 discs with plenty of MP3's (well, really I use WMA's, but...) then what's the point if I have to still listen to it all in alphabetical order??! I realize I can always just connect my Sansa (MP3 player)...heck, I've got 4200 songs on there, but I want a random mode on my CD player!!!!!

Am I just missing it?!

Steve

here is what I found in the manual for the REU radio (the one with the navigation) and the joystick radio with the nav screen on top of the cosole,...

Disc Menu

While in disc mode with inserted audio disc, press the

MENU button to access the Disc Menu.

Check-mark Random to play the titles on the disc in

random order.

Check-mark Repeat to repeat the currently playing title.

Check-mark Normal Play Order to play discs in normal

order.

Rob/HBT :wave:

this is what I found for the HDD for all your 4000+ songs lol

HDD Menu

While in HDD mode, press the MENU button to access

the HDD Menu.

Random Playback

The random play function plays random tracks from the

hard disk drive. Either check-mark Random to switch the

random play function on or off, or check-mark Normal

Play Order to turn Random playback off.

mine's the standard 6-disc player...no navigation, no hard disc drive. you can actually load this thing up with 6 DVD's filled with 4.7gb's of music each (at this time i just have 5 CD's and 1 DVD just to test its capabilities though).

any idea on that one?

still trying for you............

hmmm seems like the REQ radio (6 disc non sat radio) has no random play, that seems to be very very strange. The RAQ radios had random but it looks like the REQ does not,.... still digging for you I want to be sure for you

holy fish sticks this isn't looking good,...

check this link out....

http://www.nitroforumz.com/showthread.php?t=5702

Rob/HBT

still trying for you............

hmmm seems like the REQ radio (6 disc non sat radio) has no random play, that seems to be very very strange. The RAQ radios had random but it looks like the REQ does not,.... still digging for you I want to be sure for you

holy fish sticks this isn't looking good,...

check this link out....

http://www.nitroforumz.com/showthread.php?t=5702

Rob/HBT

well, they obviously gave the Journey a slightly different radio...mine IS a satellite 6-disc cd changer, however, no "RND" or "RAND" button anywhere - you'd think if they redid this radio that they'd realize the skipped that feature and would add it back! i'm guessing some guy in the radio design department ran out of buttons and just thought "oh well, no one will notice..."

just my luck...

• 4 years later...

I have the same issue with using an iPod touch, I can select random on the iPod, and guess what a random button lights up on the car stereo and it plays the list randomly,, but u cant Change that unless u disconnect the iPod and remove the shuffle option via the iPod, then the random light turns off, so if they have the ability to know if it's in random playback, then why the hell did they leave of the random option to select it via the car stereo!!! So annoying