rear climate controls in the way??

wildhorse74

I just bought flip down roof mount monitor with built in dvd for my 2010 journey, only problem is where would I install it cause of where the rear climate controls are placed, it appears that the flip down should go right about where them controls are. Has anyone else had this issue? If so what was done about it? I'm not sure if I could move the rear climate controls, some advice would be greatly appreciative.....

Thanks

I just bought flip down roof mount monitor with built in dvd for my 2010 journey, only problem is where would I install it cause of where the rear climate controls are placed, it appears that the flip down should go right about where them controls are. Has anyone else had this issue? If so what was done about it? I'm not sure if I could move the rear climate controls, some advice would be greatly appreciative.....

Thanks

Mine came from the factory with the rear screen and integrated rear climate controls. The directions for the aftermarket Mopar screen say that you have to remove the rear climate controls before installing the screen. I guess they expect you to decide whether you want the screen or the rear climate controls if you go aftermarket.

Well that sucks, guess my best option is to acquire one from mopar that is compatible, hopefully I don't need to take out a second mortgage for it.....

Thanks for the advice.

Even the Mopar one requires the removal of the hvac controls because it's self contained. The factory screen has a different housing that also integrates the hvac controls. Your best bet is to see if you can find somebody willing to extend the hvac wiring and relocate the controls farther back.