2011 R/T AWD fuel consumption

walkmanf1

Hello everyone...just clocked 2000kms on my journey R/T and so far so good. wondering if any of you can give me some feedback on your gas consumption..mine takes around 300K before the odometer needle hits midway. i travel 40k roundtrip each day with 50/50 slow and fast moving traffic combined. if my calculations are correct...it seems to be consuming @ around14 liters/100k. thanks!

Edited by walkmanf1

Have you taken a look at the fuel economy reading on your EVIC? It may not be 100% accurate, but I think it will give you a pretty good idea.

If you want an accurate reading, track your km and note your fuel when you fill the tank. It's about the only really accurate way to calculate.

Going by the gas gauge won't do much, because it doesn't give you a true reading of how much fuel was used/is left. For example, with the 78L tank (FWD models have a 77.6L tank, AWD gets 79.8L), my last fill was 56.75L. That's 73.13% empty ... or rounding up, SLIGHTLY over 1/4 tank left. But my gauge was reading just a hair over 1/8 tank left. Obviously the gauge reads on the level of fuel in the tank, not the volume. And it would seem the bottom 1/8 of a tank in a 2012 Journey actually holds about 1/4 of the tank's actual volume.

• 2 weeks later...

For the Journey R/T is there any differance in window sticker L/100 KM between the 2011 and 2012?

I only got 1000KM on it so far and both fill ups were 500 KM each with 68 L used and 65 L used................That's not very good so far...App 14L/100KM

I keep hearing it will get better over time.............Please keep telling me that.....LOL.....

I traded in a Chev Avalanche thats gets around the same as the journey right now.............Caper............that was 295 H.P V-8 and the Journey is 283 H.P V-6

I've averaged 11.5L-12L / 100 KM since I first bought the Journey and that's about 50/50 city/hw so 14L / 100 KM sounds quite high. But over here there's not much traffic even in the city so we're never completely stopped for too long. If you're often stuck in heavy traffic standing still, you're consumption will go up fast. I suppose that could be why your numbers are higher.