BRAKE warning light on dash

Less than 300 miles on our new SXT and the BRAKE warning light came on. Took it to the dealer and they had it three days. Most of the time was spent trying to get a switch that senses the brake fluid level. They ended up taking it off a car in stock and after only one day it happened again. I have an appointment to take it back in on Monday. Anyone else have this problem?

Update:

Took the car to the dealer for service. There is a switch the reads the level of brake fluid in the system that had failed and it thought the system was low triggering the warning light. The part is on backorder so after two days they took one off a car on the dealers lot.

24 hours after picking the car up the BRAKE warning light came on again. I took it back to the dealer today and the part they had ordered for me from the first occurance has yet to arrive so the car sits at the dealer again. While I was with the service writer another Journey pulled in and I saw the owner and another service writer testing the E brake. Same problem as on mine. The service writer told me the part is unique to the Journey. Looks like Chryslers low bid vendor for these parts has bitten them (and me) in the butt.

So far, the car has been in the dealers hands longer than it's been in mine so I'm not too happy right now.

Update:

Took the car to the dealer for service. There is a switch the reads the level of brake fluid in the system that had failed and it thought the system was low triggering the warning light. The part is on backorder so after two days they took one off a car on the dealers lot.

If the on-board diagnostics reported the brake fluid level switch and it tripped again, then I put my bets on it being a loose or faulty connector leading up to that switch as the next possible cause.

The light by itself can indicate a number of possible conditions of the brake system. It will illuminate if the parking brake is engaged, the brake fluid level is low, or if there's a problem with the anti-lock brake system. The only way to differentiate between which of these conditions may be the problem, aside from manually checking them out, is to have a diagnostic code reader spit out the reason why it's illuminated.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I had the same issue. It was the brake switch in the reservoir. They replaced it.

Journey SXT

They changed mine too when the car was around 10 000km. Now the car is 24 600km and the light is back again. Is it a bad luck or is there a problem with this piece??? :banghead:

They changed mine too when the car was around 10 000km. Now the car is 24 600km and the light is back again. Is it a bad luck or is there a problem with this piece??? :banghead:

Hmmm...I had a brake related light come on the other day (the stability control thing). The manual said to see if it stays on through a few on/off cycles and it went out the next time I drove it.