Want to add sub amo

I would like to add a subwoofer/amp to my 2012 Dodge Journey. I have an SXT model with the 4.3 Uconnect unit. There is an amp underneath the front passenger seat. I would like to line tap the speaker wires running to the sub. Does anybody know what the wiring codes are for this amp? Specifically I need to know the color of the + / - wires going to the subwoofer from the amp.

Thanks

Now don't quote me on this cause this has come from the "older" mopar factory amps. I haven't seen any pinouts for the 4.3/8.4 setups yet. BUT if you can verify the connector/pins maybe with a meter before you go splicing anything. IMO, I don't like using LOC's because they cause a lot of clip and don't give the cleanest signals to amps.

There are 2 plugs that come out of the "alpine" amp (even though it says Chrysler right on it) One is a 22 pin white plug and the other is a 16 pin black plug.

On the 22 pin connector

left to right / top to bottom

pin 1 large black wire with orange stripe (assumed ground for the amp)

pin 2 white with gray stripe (bus input)

pin 3 white with orange stripe (bus input)

pin 4 not used

pin 5 not used

pin 6 green with blue stripe (bus input)

pin 7 green with orange stripe (bus input)

pin 8 gray with blue stripe (bus input)

pin 9 gray with orange stripe (bus input)

pin 10 not used

pin 11 not used

pin 12 not used

pin 13 not used

pin 14 gray with light green stripe (RH dash speaker +)

pin 15 gray with dark green stripe (RH dash speaker -)

pin 16 gray with yellow stripe (LH dash speaker +)

pin 17 gray with no stripe (LH dash speaker -)

pin 18 green with brown stripe (LH headliner speaker -)

pin 19 green with blue stripe (LH headliner speaker +)

pin 20 gray with white stripe (sub -)

pin 21 green with white stripe (sub +)

pin 22 large yellow wire with red stripe (assumed power for the amp)

Unfortunately, there are not alot of options for the 4.3/8.4 as of yet. But pac audio makes some really cool plug & play devices that plug into radio and factory harness and give RCA's with really clean signals that rival any aftermarket deck. Like this unit. But it doesn't list compatibility for '11 or '12 journeys. Before I used a LOC( you're right, line out converter) I would shoot Pac an email just to verify you can't get anything like this for your '12. Maybe they have something that works in the new charger which seems to have same system as journey. IMO

Although I have heard about several people that have been perfectly happy with LOC's and there performance. Good luck and can't wait to see some pics

Omar